Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Merfolks w/ or w/out Wake Thrasher?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Lorwyn Block Constructed (LBC)

Is Wake Thrasher a must have in block constructed merfolks?
Oh yea!
54%
 54%  [ 12 ]
He has potential, but I don' know
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
He is good, for toilet paper!
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

beanbungo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Merfolks w/ or w/out Wake Thrasher? Reply with quote

Must haves:

4x Cursecatcher
4x Merrow Reejerey
4x Stonybrook Bannaret
4x Silvergil Adept
4x Sower of Temptation (1x in sideboard)
3x Sygg, River Guide
4x Cryptic Command
4x Sage's Dousing
3x Ponder
3-4x Mutavault
2x Mirror Entity

The question I have is the new Merfolk from Eventide, PV ran him as a 3x of in his UGb Merfolk deck, Wake Thraser, is he viable for a 4x of spot in merfolk? Or a 3x of, 2x of, or just plain horrible? Discuss please Smile

Wake Thrasher is the 3cc 1/1, whenever a permanent you contrl is untapped, it gets +1/+1 till eot Smile
moyo83

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donĀ“t like it ... he is like a monster but only during your turn otherwise he is vulnerable to everything .. firespout, nameless, tarfire, incinerate .. etc
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he might be good if there are ways to abuse the untap ability...otherwise yes he just flat out gets destroyed against all removal..then again with the deck, if there is a mirror entity in play it isnt that big of an issue...
Ronnan
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chameleon colossus!
one could also consider that islandwalker carddrawer
moyo83

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah colossus is a survivor... and if you put your offensive plan on a creature considered as a bomb that creature must survive to most of the removal ... the point is If WAKE is a MUST on the merfolk deck .. to be a must he is too fragile
shadow483

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like wake thrasher as a card, but my question is what do you cut from a merfolk list if you run him. He also cost's 3 which seems to alter the curve as your only three drops were reejeries.
PonzaFreak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrasher is a house to pick up late game especially if you have something like a mutavault out. If you drop him with counterspell backup he could just accidently win you the game.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Lorwyn Block Constructed (LBC) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1