Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U-G Merfolk

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
moyo83

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: U-G Merfolk Reply with quote

just asking fo suggestions.

Last edited by moyo83 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Chameleon in this deck. Tapping out for a creature seems silly. Wouldn't you rather keep your mana open to cast a Dousing or a command?

Do you really play enough creatures for Mirroweave to be playable? I mean, if you have 3-4 creatures and 4 mana open you're probably winning anyways. I'm not much of a Mirrorweave fan anyways, so that might just be my biased opinion.

I don't know man, the deck just seems really clunky with awkward drops. Tarmogoyf seems majorly out of place as well. He's probably good as a late game finisher, but that just begs the question : Is your deck aggro or control? It almost looks like a lazy combo deck just waiting to win in one turn. I don't like it.

I'm not much of a merfolk player, but that's my opinion.
moyo83

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what a merfolk deck is ... U can play either aggro or control depends on the deck u r facing.. the colossus is against red an black decks .. a turn 3 colossus against those deck is GG ... the mirrorwave is like overkill u r right I dont like either but if u have 2 o 3 merfolks and a goyf and no lord .. u can just make 4 4/5 goyfs ... its a situacional card I´d rather play 2 ponder instead of those 2 mirrorwave... some guy told me about the mirrorwave I´m not a fan either
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't red deal with Chameleon easily because of Flame Javelin? Chameleon really only seems good against black.

Ponders would probably be good just to get a sorcery for the Goyf, I didn't think about that. Play 1 dousing and they become 3/3's pretty easily. *shrugs*

Have you tested it much? Is it really an improvement over UW Merfolk?
str8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with bannarett and with rejerry its not that bad. You can play it for 1 lass with bannarett and you can untap a land with rejery so you can keep mana open for some counter.

on that note i would deffinitelly put in more bannarett.

I sorta like that chamelion can islandwalk for a ton...
moyo83

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think colossus is pretty good against red deck since they !must! throw flame javelin the "best burn spell in the deck" so if they shot it at the colossus instead of to your dome is good .. plus they have to deal against the goyf... I dont know if this is an upgrade to the UW folks but this is different and playing UW I used to lose against red decks all the time and with the variation of UG u still win against the decks UW used to win like lark.. or faeries ...and also I´ve tested UG against GB elves and u have a 50% 50% match pre SB instead of the slaughter GB elves perform against UW folks.. and yes goyf plus dousing a creature = 3/4 monster with cryptic command the next turn to backup this also works with aquitect´s will.. thaks for the advices!
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem with Reveillark when it enters the game in the current meta, isn't that it has flying and hits for 4, or can't be killed or anything, it is that if it is killed, the opponent gets to draw two cards and bounce a permanent or something else nasty. It generally kills what it blocks, and the alternative is even worse. I have never seen it enter play and I could not kill it, so I presume most other players feel the same. Everything revolves around Reveillark when it enters play.

I sort of feel the same is happening to Chameleon Colossus. It is game-changing when it enters play, but the changes are known parables. However, it is the damn resilience of the creature and its efficiency which is its main trait.

Can't remember my point, since the sun has risen and I am way too drunk for my own good, but whoever reads this should consider that both Colossus and Tarmogoyf have been available to everyone the entire time Merfolk have been a viable tribe, and no-one have cared so far. UG must be powerful enough regardless of what anyone else does, and that hasn't been good enough up until Eventide. None of the new U, G or U/G cards caught my eye...
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

02.33 and 03.59? Wow. Great. I really need to go to bed....
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You type with remarkable grammer for a drunk person.
moyo83

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I care about not playing UW is losing sunlance ... is the only good card on UW sb .. and I thing can be replaced (sot of) with snakeform wich can kill everything but an oversoul of dusk but hey there are so few cards that can deal with it
moyo83

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what do u think about this list.... there is no turn 1 drop .. so I´m playing 4 village for green and the add of garruk... the selkie is there just o fill up I did´nt know what to put on that spot Razz

Last edited by moyo83 on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
You type with remarkable grammer for a drunk person.

I would point out that anyone could type with remarkable grammar for a drunk person, if they spent 1.5 hours doing so... Shocked
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1