Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Groundling Pouncer

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Aellon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Groundling Pouncer Reply with quote

Groundling Pouncer

I had this in my prerelease pool and continued to play it time and time again on turn 2 on a lot of my curve based hands.

How bad is this? It's a solid body, but it's value is so much greater with a committed flyer.

If you say play it on turn 2, would you do it in the situation where you opponent plays turn 1 island? How plains, swamp, etc.

Thanks for the discussion!
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a fine dork against most decks, too strong card vs aerial stratergies. Nothing to get excited about but nothing too sniff at either.

I would almost always play it, assuming there is nothing else to do if there are alternatives then thats dependant on what they are, as if your opponent plays around the ability i can't really envisage many situations where that would be the right play.
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would u not just play it out on turn 2
cheesypirate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the obv answer is that you play it turn two. even if your opponent is playing turn 1 island, they either dont play a flier and you still get a 2/1 for 2 which is nice tempo, or they play a flier and say "heck w/ it". even then, you would expect your opponent to have a trick to kill it if they play the flier or the flier is an x/4 and can block your dude all day, whereas you prob want the combat trick to kill your opponents flier.
Aellon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of your guys' thoughts on just playing it turn 2, I didn't read into enough to think about putting my opponnent on a trick if a flyer is played but, that makes sense.

I think I had the B/G hag as well in the deck so, there is alot of value in putting someone on a trick late as well.

Good Times!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1