Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solar Flare Viable?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
BigBallin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Solar Flare Viable? Reply with quote

i was wondering if after eventide solarflare could be a viable deck. You have the filter lands and vivid lands for your mana base so that shouldnt be a problem. you have your mana excel in coldsteel heart and mind stone. WOG is still in and you have mulls and careful for your draw engine. C command fits in as the best cspell in t2 and thoughtseize replaces castigate.

all thoughts are welcome
tomi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Solar Flare Viable? Reply with quote

i think some of the problems are the manlands because there are so many and so wrath of god is often inefficient
BigBallin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrath of god is very efficient against say elves and the manlands arent that much of a problem as you have terror/nameless inversion + creatures
mking555

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been playing my solar flare deck pretty consistantly with out eveningtide. Though, I want to keep my list quiet for nats. I don't mind popping up an old version.

3 wrath of god
3 stupor (persecute replacement usual good)
4 mulldrifter(the knight guy)
4carefull consideration (compulsive)
4 mind stone (signet)
2 prismatic lens (signet)
3 oona, queen of the fae (batman)
3 akroma angel of wrath
2 resurrect (zombiefy)
4 oblivion ring
4 broken ambition (remand)

Add land base and stir. If been winning fnm and other things lately but yeah here’s the old version try not to post it every where.
BigBallin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oona seems good as a replacement for batman but i dont think 3 is an appropriate number seeing as how hes legendary and i would also probally play body double to recur legends on turn 5 after you dump them with careful
Lynolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Shatter and Divinity of Pride can also be good cards for Solar Flare. And Coldsteel Heart can be a better replacement instead of Prismatic Lens.

Last edited by Lynolf on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
mking555

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i said this is an old list not my current list
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As dumb as it sounds Woodfall Primus pretty much Angel of Despair. so White may not be the best third color. In some ways Woodfall Primus is better as it has Persist. Tyrannize may work as a replacement for Persecute. Only testing will tell.

Last edited by R3wind on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
mking555

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i realy don't think primus is a angel of dispair cause u could pop a creature which was a big thing. just poping a land isn't realy that good
BigBallin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyranize isnt a very good replacement for persecute as it cost so much while persecute came on turn 3. later in the game you want to be dropping your threats while they have no answer because theyre resources are low and divinity of pride isnt as good as the 7/7 B/G avatar
Ggerg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

solare flare will only be really good if it can deal with threats one for one in terror and nameless, and still maintain card advantage, which is a prime reason persecute was so good before. mind shatter would be great there. small recursion suite too perhaps?
Shatta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would wait for shards of alara to think about solar flare in T2 Wink it might work now, but it will be so good after shards
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how could u know that?
mking555

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because shatta is like craig jones unstopable
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1