Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noob question : Doran the siege tower

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uri Peleg won worlds this year with a doran deck but it was more of a rock deck (I have a feeling you dont know what this is but anyhow) a tribal treefolk deck proably not possible. But decks that are built around synergistic with doran yes they are very possible.
sandoiche
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think a treefolk deck is competitive in T2.... But theres a Doran based deck in standart.

It uses big creatures like Chameleon Colossus, Tarmogoyf, Kitchen Finks and the first mentioned Doran, coming into play fastly with Birds of Paradise and Llanowar elves..

It also uses some goodie spells in form of Profane command, Thoughtseize, Oblivion ring, and a couple of Goyf-boost in form of Nameless and Canopy.

Even if its not that consistent, it can make some really strong plays, mainly by mana bop, mana doran, mana chameleon.

check last top 4s trials deck, there must be a doran deck or two between them
bl0t

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm have trouble finding the creature type "Rock". How exactly do I go about making a rock deck?
icenine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock is like a green/black aggro control deck.
Paellin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure he was joking... dumbass.
el_cuervito

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Noob question : Doran the siege tower Reply with quote

Lameador wrote:
Hi all

Doran the siege tower is basically a 5/5 for WGB

Basing a deck on such a strong creature, is it possible to make a T2 competitive treefolk deck ?

Thanks,

El Lameador

http://www.deckcheck.net/deck.php?id=17733

Smile
trueeevil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's trolling. The thing with treefolk decks in block is that it is too slow to keep up with other decks. Kithkin and Bitterblossom are really hard to beat. Kithkin can chump your big creatures while swinging in for more, and can mirrorweave your big creatures also.
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skilla420 wrote:
trueeevil wrote:
He's trolling. The thing with treefolk decks in block is that it is too slow to keep up with other decks. Kithkin and Bitterblossom are really hard to beat. Kithkin can chump your big creatures while swinging in for more, and can mirrorweave your big creatures also.

Exactly. Plus you don't have any defense in terms of counters or o-rings since the focus is to bring out huge ass creatures and pump them up. But as was stated, way too slow.

sb?

that can usually decide a match
jtmagicvnt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: damage is deat from the second number Reply with quote

doran is not 5/5 and doesnt have that effect on other creatures but the damage is dealt from the toughness.3 color doran is a competetive deck thanks to thoughtseize and oring.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: damage is deat from the second number Reply with quote

jamestosetti wrote:
doran is not 5/5 and doesnt have that effect on other creatures but the damage is dealt from the toughness.3 color doran is a competetive deck thanks to thoughtseize and oring.

And Chameleon colossus, and Birds of Paradise, and Profane Command, and Shriekmaw, and Cloudthresher, and Tarmogoyf and Ohran Viper... do I need to continue? The deck is good.
jdf121

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my buddies build. It is surprisingly quicker than you would think. Does have trouble with blue.

17 Forests
4 Murmuring Bosk

Creatures

4 Leaf-Crowned Elder
4 Dauntless Dourbark
4 Timer Protector
4 Chameleon Colossus
4 Bosk Banneret
4 Orchard Warden
4 Unstoppable Ash
3 Doran, the Siege Tower

Other Spells

4 Raking Canopy

Nameless Inversion is in the deck too, but I don't know what he replaced with it. Canopy shuts down Fae if it drops, buys time.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 lands is at least 4 too few. Look at your curve:

2cc: 4
3cc: 7
4cc: 16
5cc: 4
6cc: 4

... actually... that is 56 cards. What is the missing card? Birds? Brushland? Horizon Canopy? Forest? Treetop Village? Treefolk Harbinger?

The curve is terrible anyhow. Take out the Orchard Wardens and add Wall of Roots or something. You need more acceleration. And 25-26 lands.

Edit: aaaah nameless inversion? You have 4 black mana sources and no way to get one of them. Use those slots for more land, then.
jdf121

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup harbinger is left out. u can add that. The curve isn't too bad tho cause of the kinship. anything else? I mean, birds isn't a realistic choice b/c this is a IRL deck and I don't think he wants to spend the money.
jdf121

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

replace four of the forests with gemstone mines. Nameless can be kinshiped.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2