Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RG warriors

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Lorwyn Block Constructed (LBC)

Are RG warriors viable in block?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Would need to do some testing first
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: RG warriors Reply with quote

are RG warriors viable or not in block? I havent had enough time yet to sit down and work out the best list possible but there are pretty decent creatures and abilities, and I like the equipment as well... what are your opinions?
craztch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played around with it, it's not great unless you have the Obsidian Battle Axe on turn 3.
The Kithkin matchup is good-not-great, unless they play Forge-tender maindeck, in which case it's close to unwinnable. Then they can blank your removal and block some of your creatures with impunity (I'm looking at you, Tattermunge Maniac).
The Faeries matchup is pretty good, unless they have t2 Bitterblossom and you don't have Battle Axe. In general, you're aggressive enough to race them.
The Elementals matchup is OK as long as you have removal for Smokebraider/Soulstoke.
The commandments/QnT matchup is tough. They have all sorts of card advantage if they survive to the mid-game. Without t3 Battle Axe resolving, you lose most often.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the deck is definitely viable with alot of tweaking and testing then you are agreeing
Ggerg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks fun. probably wont be something to play really with so many tough matchups. def will try it out tho
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Brighthearth Banneret
3 Obsidian Battle-Axe
3 Burn Trail
4 Lash Out
3 Unstoppable Ash
3 Hungry Spriggan
4 Bramblewood Paragon
3 Countryside Crusher
4 Boggart Ram-Gang
3 Tattermunge Duo
4 Tattermunge Maniac
4 Fire-Lit Thicket
9 Forest
9 Mountain

here's the current list that im testing with, not really worried about sideboard right now b/c it will obviously be geared more towards the harder matchups like faeries and kithkin more than like so... firespout, gutteral response, and possibly more burn or something that can deal with forge-tendor but still be utility enough to be not just a sb card for 1 creature
BusDriver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4x Chameleon collosus is a nobrainer in that deck
cut the tattermunge duos, they're kind of weak
But what this deck really needs are birds and/or llano elves
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh forgot about colossus for some odd reason... battle axe must stay... guess i could run tarfire over burn trail instead
Ggerg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauler over countryside crusher? i wouldn't play either as a 4 of, but crusher's > here
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

currently testing that exact build solo-mode and its holdin up alright so far i guess... i like having a battle axe online, and playing a perfect, giving him haste, then making a token and switching the axe to the token to swing with

edit: updated list so far:
// Lands
3 [SHM] Fire-Lit Thicket
10 [SHM] Forest (1)
7 [SHM] Mountain (1)
2 [MOR] Mutavault

// Creatures
4 [SHM] Tattermunge Maniac
4 [SHM] Boggart Ram-Gang
4 [MOR] Bramblewood Paragon
3 [EVG] Imperious Perfect
4 [EVG] Wren's Run Vanquisher
2 [MOR] Chameleon Colossus
2 [LRW] Garruk Wildspeaker

// Spells
3 [SHM] Flame Javelin
4 [LRW] Lash Out
3 [MOR] Obsidian Battle-Axe
3 [EVG] Tarfire
2 [LRW] Incendiary Command
Crossbow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: New Idea, new directions Reply with quote

The thing that always tweaked with me about warriors is the Paragon/Axe combo, trampling hasties are always fun.

I also think some new creatures need to be examined. Scuzzback Maurader gets some Project 420 action going if the Paragon/Axe is in play, 7/3 trampler ever turn, take that forge tender.

I also think Winnower patrol is just as viable as a beatstick, and if Crusher is out too SOMETHING is getting bigger every turn.

Sideboard recommendation: lots of enchant/arty kill.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so far incendiary has been mvp... got overextended against vs merfolk and completely traded a 2 for 5 card advantage with it and got rid of 1/4 of their land, just in case.... so far i'm liking the list as it stands... i cut javelin to 3 since i definitely dont want 1 opening hand, and i have so much removal as it is, i cut a tarfire as well, to make room for 2x garruk who can be game winning by overloading my field with beasts, on top of my creatures i already have, or by throwing out a turn 1/2/3 field then with garruk on t4, playing and untapping for some removal possibly and then next turn overrunning.... either way, its still being tweaked but i am definitely liking where the idea is heading

edit: sideboard so far, is as follows, please give input
4 gutteral response
4 faerie macabre
4 spring cleaning
3 firespout
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the ideas, i'll throw em around
beanbungo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4x Countryside Crusher
4x Imperious Perfect
4x Bram. Paragon dude
4x Imperious Perfect
4x Wren Vanquisher
4x Tattermunge Maniac
4x Bogart Ram-Gang

4x Lash Out
3x Shard Volley
2x Flame Javelin
2x Tarfire

4x Mutavault
4x Fire-Lit Thicket
8x Mountain
6x Forest

SB

x Raking Canopy
x Gutteral Response
x Smash to Smitheriens
x (new 2/2 guy who has wither and if he deals damage opp. can't gain life for the rest of the game)

just an idea of what im testing right now
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Lorwyn Block Constructed (LBC) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2