Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GBu Manequin

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Poofter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: GBu Manequin Reply with quote

I call this deck ManaRamp-Ekin cause its kinda like mana ramp and it has manequin & good targerts for manequin. This deck is design to do well agianst fearies cause i think there are going to be alot of fearies at regionals. I plan on running this deck put im going to post it and see what you guys thing and maybe do some slight tweakings before FNM and regionals.

LANDS 23

4x Llanowar Wastes
2x River of Tears
2x Gilt-Leaf Palace
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Frost Marsh
1x Mouth of Ronom
2x Snow-Covered Swamps
1x Snow-Covered Island
6x Snow-Covered Forest
3x Treetop Village

CREATURES 23

2x Chameleon Colossos
4x Mulldrifter
3x Tarmogoyf
4x Wall of Roots
3x Cloudthresher
2x Shriekmaw
3x Shadowmage Inflitrator

SPELLS 16

3x Makeshift Manequin
4x Nameless Inversion
3x Into the North
3x Primal Command
3x Garruk Wildspeaker

SIDEBOARD

1x Cloudthresher
1x Shriekmaw
3x Hail Storm
4x Deathmark
3x Seal of Primodium
3x Guttral Responce

The main idea here is to get alot of card advantage with drifters and shadowmages and just over run the board with fatties and garruks. You can usually stick a thresher to reck fearies by attempting to cast one eot and if it fails manequin it on your turn since they already counted the one eot. Most of the sideboard is to reck fearies ie.(Cloudthesher,Hail Storm, Seals for bitterblossom). The deathmarks are for the random chance of me facing doran or other green fattie decks. The guttral responce are for mostly merfolk (Cryptic Command and Mirrorweave).
trueeevil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squall line > hail storm?
kfcman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trueeevil wrote:
Squall line > hail storm?

kinda.

Hail Storm can kill all sorts of creatures. And the 2 damage is often plenty to wreck the fliers you need to deal with.

However, the squall line can take out creatures outside the combat step and be used as late game reach.

An interesting choice to be sure
shadow483

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitchen Finks Maybe? Play it gain life after they kill it twice, mannequin it back and gain more life.
JonPatton

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play mind Shatter in the SB. You can have ridiculous openings with Garruk.

I'm not convinced about some of the numbers. Goyf seems wrong here without Thoughtsieze or other relevant early pressure to back him up, so I think you might be better off dropping them for another two Maws (yes, eight baclk removal spells!) and a Collosus. The matchups it would help most to have a 2-drop -- control matchups -- might not present a target for Nameless Inversion, the best thing to pump up your Goyfs here.

I would put Thoughtsieze over the Deathmarks in the side. I think you already beat other green decks (having huge creatures and Walls and Maws tends to do that).
ejv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: my own version Reply with quote

hi I played a GBU mannequin deck at regionals which performed very well in testing, unfortunately it didn't perform well at regionals, or maybe I didn't myself.. this is the list:

4 damnation
4 wall of roots
4 makeshift mannequin
4 murderous redcap
4 mulldrifter
4 coalition relic
4 kitchen finks
3 cloudthresher
2 profane command
2 primal command
2 careful consideration
4 river of tears
4 vivid grove
4 treetop village
4 llanowar wastes
3 dreadship reef
2 reflecting pool
2 yavimaya coast

sb:
4 thoughtseize
4 extirpate
3 squall line
1 detritivore
1 shriekmaw
1 woodland primus
1 cloudthresher

I guess mine was a more controllish version, it never ever loses to aggro in general, it often loses game 1 to reveillark and usually wins games 2 and 3. faeries doesn't seem that good of a matchup, probably 35-65 preside, 50-50 postside.. problem is winning game 3 when they are starting.. I think it is a very reliable deck, it has many answers and stable manabase, the problem is it doesn't win that fast, if I had a chance to go back I would add a maindeck oona, probably cutting a relic...

tell me what you think about it...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1