Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black kill

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could take out the singleton Extirpate and the two Underworld Dreams for full sets of Damnation and Nameless Inversion.
DaveK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

graveborn muse?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarscale Ritual, Sygg River Cutthroat, Howling Mine, Phyrexian rager, Dusk Urchins, Phyrexian Vault, Phyrexian Etchings, Minion's Murmurs, Spiteful Visions, Hoarder's Greed, Graveborn Muse, Jayemdae's Tome, Illuminated Folio and Null Profusion are the only cards available to black which may net actual card advantage (in form of drawing contra cost; i.e better than 1 for 1)

Sygg is the only good one, but I doubt he works well in your deck.
beanbungo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4x Graveborn Muse
4x Korlash
3x Corrupt

- Consume Spirit (horrible without Coffers)
- Underworld Dreams (the most expensive crappy card ever)
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Korlash, 1/2 Warhammer. Always.

Since this deck guzzles mana and needs cards, I think that snow engine is required. It is better than Dusk Urchins.

4 Leechridden Swamp
3 Scrying Sheets
16 Snow-covered Swamp
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

4 Coldsteel Heart
2 Loxodon Warhammer

2 Demi-God of Revenge
1 Ghastlord of Fugue
3 Shriekmaw
4 Korlash, Heir to Blackblade

4 Bitterblossom

3 Corrupt
3 Tendrils of Corruption
3 Damnation
2 Beseech the Queen
4 Nameless Inversion

sb:

2 Faerie Macabre
1 Extirpate
2 Mind Shatter
4 Bottle Gnomes
2 Festercreep (were they any good for you?)
4 Thoughtseize (sideboarded depending on meta)

I think Nameless Inversion is required because of all those lords and manlands running around. 3 Instants (tendrils) aren't enough. Demigod's "recursion" ability I have found through testing isn't very good. It is his flying, 5/4 body and haste for 5 mana that is good. Playing four just to have a higher chance to get a free attacker from graveyard is imo not optimal for the deck as a whole. Since you have Beseech, -1 macabre, +1 extirpate is really nice. Often they will not counter Beseech because they want to counter what you get with it. Thoughtseize is a must in the deck, but whether or not it should be mained needs to be extensively tested in the sort of meta the deck will be in. I think that when it comes down to business, in the real tournaments most people will try to play aggressive decks so they don't have to play 50 minutes every hour. Against them, I think Nameless Inversion does more than Thoughtseize.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skilla420, If you already have the playset of Bitterblossoms, I advice you to play Rogues instead. All the key cards there are uncommons. Right now you play a defensive deck which main strategy is to race against the opponent.

That won't work.

Either you play lots of small critters and removal as backup to clear the path and take out faster threats, or you play lots of biggies as finishers in a deck with early removal.

If you plan to do sort of both, you need extensive card drawing, because then you enter into so-called aggrocontrol-territory.

The reason for this is simple: Let us say that deck A, an aggressive weenie deck, needs 5 turns to win. That is a total of 12 cards used to win the game. If any one of those twelve cards are not helping to win the game (anything not dealing damage in some way), you may find that you need more than 5 turns to win because you need one more card.

Let us now say that a defensive control deck, deck B, needs 15 turns to win. That is a minimum of 22 cards. Only a few of those can be used to win the game because it needs a large number of cards to defend itself vs deck A. Therefore, those win conditions needs to be more efficient at winning the game than those of deck A. Often, to find those win conditions (which are few), decks like B uses some way of finding them; tutors or card draw. The deeper into the deck B is digging, the more likely it is that he finds what he is looking for.

Deck C, trying to stop A and overwhelm B with the same 75 cards, therefore needs 22+ cards in 10 turns.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1