Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your deck for regionals...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northeastern Regionals @ New Jersey....

IDK the meta in my area is wide open, but probably like every other regionals and events it will be in faeries on top of number of played, but here is a list of tier 1 decks imo:

-Revalark
-Merfolks
-Faeries
-Doran
-BG Elves
-Quick'n'Toast

why?

well they are all proven top decks, and the most common decks you will see. Though i didn't state alot of decks, if you play a deck not on this list, odd's are you wont see it in your top8. If you do, it is either a new deck, a small event, or total lucksack. But basically... these are the decks to beat.

---

secret tech?? well what you saw me with with and what im bringing to regionals are two different things... yes i have more cards to add, some to removal and some obvious tweaks, but as for giving away my tech to this? not a chance.

---
hope this helps... but gl at yours
Manipulation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be playing a monoblue Merfolk list, its been solid in most matches. The only problem I've been having is overextending against Firespout. xD

I'll be going to SoCal Regionals.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im playing red lark as it beats everything thats not faeries and i dont think faeries will be that popular in the area
Cosmo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ive play tested all of the above and been playin swath storm at FNMs and online for a while with pretty good success (other then against revilark)

try some ignite memories in the board, they would help you with that match up.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red lark as in the lark decks from the top8 of hollywod
Manipulation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TekNique wrote:
That list is basically Jan Ruess's except for the will and ponder Confused Wouldn't you want to win regionals with a deck you created?

Yes and no. While that'd be cool, it's not necessarily practical.

I'm making tweaks to normal Merfolk decks, but essentially, its the same. Not Ruess's meh list, though...
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have any tech to stop faerie macabre? i have needles im just looking to see of theres any thing else to stop it
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did mono white control/life gain fall off the map? with it being so aggro heavy (the meta), if you can hold off enough early threats to balance your life total, it seems that you should be good to go, or are people that are interested in white control just playing lark instead?
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why play mono white? you play agaisnt a blue deck and you just lose. how could it fall off the map it was never good.
just2fierce

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: regionals Reply with quote

My work schedulehas recently freed up and I will now be able to get to my regionals......Deck of choice? A R/B control conglomaration, it's totally rouge and beats the crap out of all the non-fae decks minus swath storm.....fae is like 40/60....until board then I get 9 cards for that specific matchup which help a lot!

The cards I'm weak to are Faerie Macrbe and Extirpate antying in R/B to help vs these two cards......Pithing needle on macrbe? Anything else?
Nameless24x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, lark seems a little... good right now. I mean, 2 in the top 8 of PT hollywood, and 8 were at day 2...
Nameless24x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, and red deck is really good... my friend took it randomly to star-city's FNM, and he won... he only lost 1 game.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faeries beat Lark, and Lark beats the decks that beats Faeries. But few of the other decks can beat both of them.

Maybe merfolk?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regionals (american) is in June? I cannot play rl until August, so here is the deck I have been tinkering with recently:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
2 [PLC] Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
2 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
4 [LRW] Secluded Glen
2 [10E] Underground River
4 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
8 [10E] Island (2)
2 [SHM] Swamp (4)

// Creatures
2 [SHM] Glen Elendra Liege
1 [LRW] Wydwen, the Biting Gale
3 [LRW] Shriekmaw
2 [FUT] Venser, Shaper Savant
4 [TSB] Shadowmage Infiltrator
3 [SHM] Sygg, River Cutthroat

// Spells
4 [MOR] Bitterblossom
3 [LRW] Cryptic Command
4 [CS] Rune Snag
4 [LRW] Nameless Inversion
2 [LRW] Profane Command
4 [TSP] Ancestral Vision

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [10E] Flashfreeze
SB: 3 [10E] Deathmark
SB: 3 [10E] Bottle Gnomes
SB: 3 [LRW] Sower of Temptation
SB: 3 [10E] Boomerang

It doesn't have a fantastic game vs Faeries, but the faerie-hate played in other decks doesn't work well against it, which is an advantage. It is better vs red than faeries. UB cannot deal with Bitterblossom, so that is why boomerang is in sb - I am testing it to see if it helps. The deck often win by bleeding the opponent dry off card advantage, before it drops a Liege to take the initiative.

If people want to test it and try it, they are free to do so.
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that tempo deck would be a solid call. Turn one Tarfire. Turn two 'Goyf (3/4 if it hits an elf). Turn three Tauren Mauler or Crusher. Use Ponder or Mystic Speculation to put excess lands on top. Obv Mystic Speculation is def better with Crusher but Ponder is better in general. Card drawing or filtering some great beaters and a bit of disruption or burn. Should be a solid call. (Thoughtsieze/Stupor/Acid-Moss/Rune Snag/etc...) (Flame Jav/Rift Bolt)

It's a shame that we don't have Artifact Lands in standard. Hey there is a Creature Land enter Dryad Arbor.

It's got to be almost as fast as the best aggro decks (Merfolk/RDW) and be faster then the combo decks (Swath/Lark/Swans). Also you need beaters that say you win if not answered vs the control decks. ('Goyf/Crusher/Mauler)

I have no real concept of a list but I think if you can combine really good beaters and disruption you could go all the way.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2