Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sanchez Wizards for regionals

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Is this a viable deck for regionals?
Yes
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
I dont know
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Malice

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Sanchez Wizards for regionals Reply with quote

Okay, basically I wanted discussion and feedback on the wizard deck Sanchez originally played for city champs. I revised it very slightly, adding Oona as the finisher. Heres the list I plan to tentatively run for regionals.

3x Teferi
4x Vedalken Aethermage
2x Magus of the Tabernacle
3x Venser
2x Vendillion Clique
1x Arcanis
1x Oona
1x Arbiter of Knollridge
-17 Creatures

4x Ancestral Vision
4x Cryptic Command
4x Rune Snag
2x Remove Soul
1x Sage's Dousing
1x Pact of Negation
-16 Spells

4x Desert
4x Mystic Gate
3x Calciform Pools
2x Tolaria West
1x Urza's factory
1x Mouth of Ronom
11x Snow Islands
1x Snow Plains
-27 lands

Side:
3x Aven Riftwatcher
4x Flashfreeze
2x Teferi's moat
1x Magus of the tabernacle
2x Pact of Negation
3x Crovax

Gerard Fabiano ran a version very similar to this at Hollywood but missed day 2 by one win. He beat faeries, elves, monored and mana ramp and lost to merfolk, r/b tokens (which I really don't understand how) a u/b mannequin and i think something else. I have tested the deck and it seems really strong against a lot of the tier decks right now: red, elves, faeries, mana ramp. It runs a lot like dralnu did, I just want to get some thoughts on this deck.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely a solid choice. if ur comfortable with it, run it.
bl0t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so many better choices
jared

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking about wizards but i was thinking something more along the lines of banneret with more dousing's. idk, overall it seems super weak againt faeries, and we all know that's a bad spot to be in.
jakeywakey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this deck sucks, everyone knows the only reason he won city champs with it is because... it was city champs, pretty much the same as an fnm...
Malice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the thing is that everyone is saying it has bad matchups and there are better choices, but let me reiterrate(sp.?) Fabiano beat red, elves, faeries and mana ramp at Hollywood. So it can't be that bad of a matchup against faeries. What other deck can claim decent matchups against all those?
ZW

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is is that Fabiano is a pro player. I think the deck has a poor matchup vs. red, it certainly seems that way. Not to make fun of your skill, but maybe Fabiano just outplayed his opponent and won, or his opponent got awful draws. This deck seems alot worse than Revilliark, but that's just my opinion. And if 4 Deserts were all you needed for faeries matchups, everyone would have 4 maindeck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1