Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seismic Swans or Swans Storm?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
beanbungo

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Seismic Swans or Swans Storm? Reply with quote

Was hoping to get suggestions on which of the two decks has the better matchup in the meta, which right now in south florida, is basically all of hollywoods top decks, revillark, elves, faeries and merfolk.

I think storm would be a good call if one would test it like crazy to get the optimal version, however i notice seismic swans won 1st place, but all i can see is the win condition is clearly seismic assault and having 10 land in hand, or using sulferous blast maybe once limiting the land to 8 or 9 in hand, after of course targeting your swans.

Suggestions on the optimal lists for either of these decks would be appreciated and any other comments on these two please feel free.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swans isnt rly a good card.
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beanbungo:

swans deck needs NO 10 lands in hand, just 1 darkmor salvage, with it there is no problem to fetch many lands in hand (of course, gaea's blessing prevents you from decking)
i think swans can be broken too easily (needle, grips, everlasting torment) not saying that opponent can just draw lots of cards by burning swans

what concerning storm (am i right that u talk about knollstorm, in message head u specified some "Swans Storm"... ), i like it because i think im the 1st guy who decided to build it here )))))) but it also can be broken with just one thoughtseize (that happens indeed))))) but i love storm very much
Ggerg

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obviously u should integrate the juniper order ranger combo with the swans combo. use river kelpie instead of finks.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lands:
4 Vivid Crag
4 Horizon Canopy
1 Wooded Bastion
1 Fire-Lit Thicket
2 Gemstone Mine
4 Reflecting Pool
4 Dakmor Salvage
3 Graven Cairns
2 Vivid Grove
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Creatures:
4 Demigod of Revenge
3 Swans of Bryn Argoll

Spells:
2 Idyllic Tutor
2 Gaea's Blessing
4 Sylvan Scrying
3 Seismic Assault
4 Glittering Wish
4 Beseech the Queen
3 Manamorphose
3 Firespout
1 Bitterblossom

Sideboard:
1 Swans of Bryn Argoll
1 Firespout
1 Wheel of Sun and Moon
3 Vexing Shusher
4 Harmonic Sliver
1 Kitchen Finks
1 Necrotic Sliver
1 Teneb, the Harvester
1 Vanish into Memory
1 Mystic Enforcer

---

This is one posisble Seismic Swans build. The problem is that the combo is a bit clunky and takes several turns just to set up.

Once the Swans hit play, it's usually game over. Burning the Swans to draw cards is a bad plan because the Swans player will almost certainly win on the next turn.

This Swans build is very resistant to disruption. However, solid early pressure with a fast clock is a real problem.
Tms-Rock

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that Swans sucks, and swath storm dosn't and Jup combo is pretty decent itself. I would have to say swath storm cuz it has a pretty good match-up vs merfolk & faeries.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1