Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burn Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ZW

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Burn Deck Reply with quote

This deck is pretty straightforward. I can sum it up in 3-5 words: BURN!BURN!BURN!

So heres the list.

12 Mountain.
They add red mana, mana burn, etc.
4 Plains
White Mana

4 Shard Volley
You Have 16 Lands for a reason. To sacrifice them.

4 Mogg Fanatic
This guy usually just deals one, but I'm a huge goblin fan so I threw him in.

4 Needle Drop
One damage + draw a card = more damage.

4 Shock
Deals 2 damage everytime.

4 Tarfire
2 damage, plus adds to the goblin theme of this deck.

4 Disintegrate
You have 16 lands in this deck, so your opponent will certainly feel the pain when they are dealt 15 damage.

4 Blaze
Better than disintegrate, because it doesn't remove the creatures, which means you can use zombify.

4 Ivory Mask
This deck is doom for opposing burn decks.

4 Mirrorweave
Target nothing, all your opponents creatures become "nothing" or 0/0, and they all lose.

4 Wispmare
To take care of opposing Ivory Mask, since I just gave the secret away!

4 Sudden Shock
Deals 2. Split second sounds like a cool mechanic, but I don't feel like reading the little text.

Some deck choices I made and why:
16 Lands.
It's alot. Trust me I know. But with disintegrate and blaze, you need all of them. 15 Damage is usually GG, and even if they're not at 15 when u cast these spells, they will probably concede because they just lost 15 life!

No sideboard
Sideboards are for decks with bad matchups. I have none.

No creatures
Actually I have Mogg Fanatic, but you sacrifice it when it hits to deal one. I don't have any because they die to Wrath of God. And you can only play wispmare for its evoke cost.

Only 4 Enchantment removal spells
Almost every deck will now use a full set of Ivory Mask now that I have revealed it and its magnificence. However, the trick is on them. They play 4 Ivory Mask. You have 4 Wispmare. GG!

Don't netdeck my list too much. I will probably pilot it to a trial victory sometime soon, and will keep winning until I become tired of domination.
Orlandu

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Heh Reply with quote

Er yeah.. this is a joke if you didn't catch that brother.
Efrem_84

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a shame that Ivory mask is out of standard...
But i think i'll put in my monoblack rogue a 4x of Imperial mask, loller than ivory!
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would run 4 pendalhaven so you can pump your mogg into a 2/3 and then sac it for one to the dome. Also i would add four grove of the burning willows so you can play krosan grip after sb so you have a total of 8 ways of dealing with ivory mask making all decks an auto win as if they didnt have it in there main because there a noob they are almost bound to have it in sb.

Also 16 lands is overkill you only need 11 to make blaze disintergrate effective most of the time if you tell your opponent your deck had 11 lands in as well as a full suite of blaze and disentergrate, the smart ones will realise when it gets too the long term game as it always does with rdw that they have no chance vs 11 lands plus blaze disintergrate and concede there and then.
XSquad

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

16 lands... lol, that is never going to consistently work. Run at least 22. And the fact that you are two colored for a burn deck only makes your mana situation worse.... Wispmare is tech vs bitterblossom though.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love how this a joke and people think its serious, just like 300 card zoo
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1