Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's the Best Place to Play Poker Online?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Avata

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Where's the Best Place to Play Poker Online? Reply with quote

I live in the U.S. so that might have an impact on the responses, but I'm curious.

About a month ago I started playing at Full Tilt Poker, because I couldn't find any local brick and mortar games. Well, since I've started I've managed to triple my bankroll, so now I'm looking at the game as potentially more of a full time thing. I'm just trying to figure out if FT is the best place to play.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poker stars, party poker, doesnt rly matter where you play.
Avata

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do the entry fees compare? At full tilt usually the entry fee is 10% of the buy in.
illus

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PokerStars
ACM
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PokerStars.
aceben3

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Full Tilt and PokerStars are great for MTTs and Cash Games, but Stars is much better for Sit-n-Goes. The entry fee varies, but I've never noticed a sizeable difference between the two. I would just try to determine which one has lighter competition or like better and play there.

If you are just starting out, smaller sites with good bonuses or rakeback deals can help you build your bankroll a lot. There's a risk with a non-reputable site that you may be ripped off though, so take that into account.

I have accounts on both FT and Stars, but I usually prefer FT.
N3CR0S

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTP is great site for playing, but it have very big rake, on micro stakes you get burned by this big rake for you, so you must register by affiliates, with rakeback, i think normally is 36% rakeback.
i think best sites are PokerStars, FullTiltPoker.
on PartyPoker is playing very much people,but that software is really bad, it have lags and small timebank, so it isn't good for multitabling, i was playing there 9 tables and it's really hard, with that lags and small timebank, so i think PokerStars is best
Avata

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pretty impressed with FTP (and got sucked into that mainly by their $600 rakeback bonus), but by the sounds of it I'll have to give PokerStars a try just to see which I prefer.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Poker Stars, I log on and see this message-

Julien Nuijten wins PokerStars LAPT Rio

check it out at

http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/lapt-rio-season-1/

He even shaved the pubes off his head
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1