Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do people smoke?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Hank333

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the funny thing is that i don't smoke. I just know why people do smoke. and yes, i am retarded. But anyways... back to magic.
cjthedude

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sativa seems pretty right.
ejv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoke about 30 cigarettes a day and feel well about myslef, I like smoking, I like my habit, I smoke more when I'm alone than when I'm around people, so I guess it's not about peer pressure... just me getting stressed about my life and needing some sort of distraction, I can easily live without cigarettes as I do when I am ill, but if I can choose I prefer to smoke. I'm not afraid I will die because of it, I would probably die of something else before smoke could ever harm me, and hey after all I will die eventually might as well kill myself with something I like... also I like the smell/taste of it...
ZW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Die before ciggarettes harm you? Smoking for a year can cause emphyzema(sp.?) and various cancers, especially when you smoke as many as you do. And how do you enjoy the taste and smell?
ejv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everything kills.. might as well not live if you're so afraid something will harm you, also I don't care that much about my health I want to use it all up before I die, I want to use up my life before some truck runs over me or better die of cancer in my forties instead of waiting to die in my eighties..
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people who smoke because they think it makes them look cool are retarded. they think they smoke only because they try to be cool and think they can quit whenever they want, but its addictive. people smoke because peer pressure etc, then cant stop because they are addicted. its worse than drugs
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyface wrote:
Hey everything kills.. might as well not live if you're so afraid something will harm you, also I don't care that much about my health I want to use it all up before I die, I want to use up my life before some truck runs over me or better die of cancer in my forties instead of waiting to die in my eighties..

so why not just kill yourself now then, you obviously dont respect the gift of life, you should been one of the people killed in the saw movies
ZW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I agree with gypsy. You don't respect life at all. Smoking ruins your entire life, and will probably cut your life by 40 years. And those years from 20-40 will be the worst years of your life. You must eat fast food everyday and drink butter, because you might as well "use up your health".
ejv

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.. I don't think you deserve an answer,for how stupid your argument is,but I will answer you nonetheless... people are gifted life which means they can do whatever they wish with it, as it is in fact a gift, as long as you don't harm anybody else in the process. The point I was trying to make is I'm not trying to kill myself even though I know it will eventually harm me but life in itself is a race to death, I'm just speeding it up doing something I like, harming myself and nobody else and I am conscious of it... absolutely simple... also the overall lifestyle is the main issue, what is here being said regarding cigarettes should be said also about mcdonald hamburgers and such...
ZW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People like you are a cancer on the human race babyface. Why not risk spreading stupidity by killing yourself? You will win your "race to death" you so desperately want to speed up.
snoopster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not afraid I will die because of it, I would probably die of something else before smoke could ever harm me

Most smokers die waaayyy before they would naturally. So no, you would definitely not die of something else before smoke could ever harm you.
Quote:
hey after all I will die eventually might as well kill myself with something I like

Or you could not kill yourself at all....
Quote:
Hey everything kills.

Explain to me how a cucumber can kill.
Quote:
might as well not live if you're so afraid something will harm you

Might as well not live life if you care so little about something killing you. If someone is scared of dying from cigarettes, it's because the person ejoys life and doesn't want to lose it. Your logic is fallacious.
Quote:
I don't care that much about my health I want to use it all up before I die

This makes literally zero sense. Health is not tangible and thus not quantifiable. Unless you are a Pokemon with HP... but then when you run out of health you faint (die). So even if you were Charizard, your statement still is ridiculous because using up all of your health=dying.
Quote:
I want to use up my life before some truck runs over me or better die of cancer in my forties instead of waiting to die in my eighties..

Why die earlier if you don't have to?

Your argument makes no sense, but killing yourself for no reason does take courage! And just like Tai (the Digidestined with the crest of Courage), may you live long, prosper, and save the Digiworld.
ZW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babyface is getting pwnd. Very Happy
ZW

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we wait for babyface's embarrassing response Twisted Evil
snoopster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyface actually made some good points in his last post; while I completely disagree with his choices, they are his choices and not mine. Sitting here and making fun of him isn't going to change anything.
thranarama

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to interrupt this devastatingly interesting topic (/sarcasm), but did you guys notice that Zagorakis made a comment that used real words and a coherent sentence? BRAVO ZAG!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4