Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UW Worldpurge

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
DimeBagRiff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd add some Ancestral Vision's and JUST for shits and giggles Spellbook's, you know, to keep your Aeon Chronicler beefed up.

Last edited by DimeBagRiff on Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Vesuvian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if you play Oblivion Ring on their creature... then play Worldpurge... they're going to have their creature come back as the only permanent in play. Doesn't seem like good synergy to me...
dv8r

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the biggest problem with this deck that I see is that you have no real way to win. there are many possible avenues to go down to solve this. champion as a mechanic is pretty good here, but even something as basic as being able to take advantage of a tempo shift to force a key cad through could be very powerful (turn 2 bitterblossom seems like a good card here, especially as you can o-ring it the turn before you world purge). reveillark also seems quite good with world purge

playing 4 purge is too many, it does very little by itself (or in the early game) and it requires a little bit of setup to be at its best, especially with all the deck filtering you have, my recommendation though is to start with reveillark and see where you can go from there

EDIT: oh, the new blink is obviously insane with world purge (stack eot triggers etc.)
kfcman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, definitely needs more suspend cards. Riftwings and things of that sort, that you can setup just before you go worldpurge.
beule

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs more Reveillark which is awesome with Worldpurge.
And .. Gargadon?
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beule wrote:
And .. Gargadon?

ya man reveilark for the 4 creatures in his deck
kfcman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
beule wrote:
And .. Gargadon?

ya man reveilark for the 4 creatures in his deck

you would obv add more creatures for Lark. try to stop being a useless waste of skin plz. thank you.
Delicious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not use o-ring on your own creatures?
kfcman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delicious wrote:
why not use o-ring on your own creatures?

tfunk1940 wrote:
yeah, i realized the bad synergy there when it happened. i also realized that oblivion ringing my own perminants the worldpuring is awesome.

good job readin the whole thread and contributing something to the discussion.

anyway, to add on to the Lark comments, i think i Lark look at this would be interesting, utilizing regularly good Lark guys like drifter and such, and playin worldpurge as the big BOOM i win.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1