Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 player limited variants?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
aldaryn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: 3 player limited variants? Reply with quote

I just built a cube, and I'm looking to play it with 2 of my buddies in some different draft formats. I've found plenty of alternatives for 2 or 4 or 6 people (like winston, 2hg, team draft, etc) but I haven't found any good way to draft for 3 people. We could just make sealed decks, but that doesn't seem very exciting. I guess there's no reason Winston can't be done with 3 people, but I wasn't sure how well that would work. Is there a 3-player variant of solomon draft? Any help on this appreciated.

aldaryn
Malakai97
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experiment with changing the size of the packs you get, as 15 with that many people is way too much. Obviously this will involve dishing out more packs total, but that's a small price to pay. Whenever we play with my cube (complete with moxes but missing so many other cards) there's 4 of us, and we dish the cards out in 5 packs of 9 instead of 3 packs of 3. It helps to simulate the kind of signaling that goes on with a full table as well.
aldaryn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we aren't going to do regular style drafts even with smaller packs, as they're really too simple to be interesting with 3 people...so i was hoping to look more into alternations of the 2-player variants
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we've done winston with 4 piles instead of 3 with a lot of success and enjoyment. i highly recommend u try it. also, the guy above me's idea is very fun but takes forever
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1