Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

URG Elfball COMBO

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
JimmyXu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: URG Elfball COMBO Reply with quote

I was toying around with the elfball deck lately but I always found something lacking because I couldn't draw enough cards and I couldn't kill the opponent the turn I made a million elves. Enter Roar of the Crowd...

4x heritage druid
4x llanowar elves
4x boreal druid

4x gilt-leaf ambush
4x elvish promenade
4x hunting triad
4x springleaf drum
4x distant melody
3x roar of the crowd
2x chromatic star

4x yavimaya coast
4x karplusan forest
4x shivan reef
2x pendelhaven
9x forest

the mutavaults are gone because of the excess color requirement. But distant melody draws a ton of ards and roar of the crowd kills the turn you make the elves leaving the deck much less vulnerable to sorcery speed mass removal. Obviously, overrun and coat are gone because they are require an extra turn.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roar of the Crowd and Distant Melody are only good when you are in strong positions and are terrible to draw when you are on the back foot.
Harmonize is definitly better and allows you to cut blue completely. Take out the stars, Springleaf drums and 2 lands and add 4 Imperious Perfect and 4 Bramlewood Paragon
rdeg87

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That list looks pretty bad, seriously Elvish Harbinger and Summoners Pact???
If your just gonna give him a list then give him this

Tsuyoshi Fujita
Grandprix Shizuoka 2008

7 Forest
4 Gilt-Leaf Palace
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Mutavault
1 Pendelhaven
4 Treetop Village
4 Boreal Druid
4 Bramblewood Paragon
2 Elvish Champion
4 Heritage Druid
4 Imperious Perfect
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
4 Gaea's Anthem
2 Garruk Wildspeaker
4 Hunting Triad

Sideboard
1 Elvish Eulogist
2 Elvish Harbinger
4 Overrun
3 Prowess of the Fair
1 Shriekmaw
2 Squall Line
2 Terror
Shatta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this a combo? You make elves for more than they produce. The idea seems good but it's not a good deck.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do people say its not a good deck with out trying it, the deck is rly explosive and can catch people off guard a lot and u just make tokens out of nowhere then overrun and they die, please try a deck out before you say its bad it has been slowly crawling up the metagame
Shatta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do people always assume that people who criticize decks don't try them?(just talking to myself) i did try the deck and its not that great
SOAD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the combo?
floreskiller

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested your decklist with Summoner's Pact. And frankly, you will only be able to cast it without losing if they don't remove your Heritage Druid and mana elves. And that's a big if. Elvish Harbinger didn't do much for me because it's mostly only good if you're losing. And if I'm losing, I usually have no creatures so getting an elf wouldn't help much at all. Also, it's not as explosive as other Elves! decks where they have Coat of Arms and cheaper lords like Bramblewood Paragon.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's funny that you say that summoner's pact and harbinger are bad cards, when they are the 2 most important slots in the deck. All I can say is keep netdecking noob

Well you certainly told me, I am definitly a noob and I bow to your superiour magic knowledge, I can only hope to aspire to your superiour deck building ability's.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So according to you Summoners Pact is only good when you have twelve elves on the board and a heritage druid that you are sure the isnt going to die.

Surely you must realise why Elvish Promenade is a bad card.
The scenario you just described as your perfect draw is..
Turn1 Mana elf
Turn2 Elvish Harbinger
Turn3 Elvish Promenade for 2 Elves

Seriously have you got your head stuck in the stupid sand,
Why dont you play Bramblewood Paragon which makes every elf you play twice its normal size and what is this Combo you keep going on about.

And a casual magic player questioning Fujita's deck is Pity Worthy
rdeg87

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this infinite, just seems like jank to me
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combo sucks
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobmellow wrote:
Vedrfolner wrote:
Combo sucks

Wow. Your smart. Of course it sucks. It is theoretical. The probability of that happening in a game is 0 to none. Its just an idea. Do you even understand how it could work. Or are you stupid? No need to answer the question.

Read what I said again. Did I say "THE combo sucks"? Did I say "THIS/YOUR combo sucks"?

No, I didn't.

I said that combo sucks. A-combination-of-two-or-more-cards-that-when-played-in-a-certain-sequence-wins-the-game sucks.

It is my personal opinion. Nothing to do with smartness or intelligence. I don't play combo decks. Not because I can't figure out how to make them, but because they depend on luck and are boring to play.
floreskiller

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobmellow wrote:

Turn 2 i can summoner's pact!!!

Learn how to play!!!

Assuming they don't kill your Heritage Druid. In that case you lose/get timewalked.
Insom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs Gaea's Cradle.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2