Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

first pck, first pick

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
dv8r

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignore the signal argument now. if you're playing in a decent draft pod noone will take the fact that you've passed them a good second pick as a signal to go into that colour, as you might have opened a bomb (assuming you don't have a reputation for being a bad drafter in your playgroup). if you're playing in a GOOD draft pod and you take any card except purity, the person you are passing to will probably even KNOW what you took through print runs.

just to further what everyone has said, this is actually a pretty simple pick. it's between shaman and mull drifter, and, whilst I will concede that I know several people who would take mull drifter due to an irrational preference for blue, the pick is shaman for these reasons:

1) the format has got a LOT faster with morningtide. card advantage is no longer king, and thundercloud can net you HUGE tempo advantage whilst also killing some of your opponent's guys. furthermore, it kills almost every viable rogue from morningtide. even if you JUST play it as a 5 mana 4/4, that's still huge and nothing at common except aethernipe and game trail changeling can really match it

2) red is generally accepted to be the weakest colour in the format atm, and the cards which go in red decks tend to be niche cards that nobody else really wants such as seething pathblazer and even shard volley/roar of the crowd. whilst this doesn't mean you should go red (fighting for it can be quite bad) its still something to bear in mind

3) RR is eminantly splashable, if I have a shaman, I will often look to splash it even if red doesn't come
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2