Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

first pck, first pick

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
cheesypirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: first pck, first pick Reply with quote

it's the first pack, first pick of a lorwyn/morningtide draft. the best cards in the pack are purity, silvergill douser, pepprsmoke, mulldrifter, and thundercloud shaman. which should be picked?
aldaryn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since it's the first pick, i think you just default to mulldrifter, cause you'll probably play it no matter what
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would take thundercloud shaman, granted it is a higher risk than mulldrifter as you could get giants cut, but the reward in terms of power level in limited is far greater. Thundercloud shamn is simply the nuts in giant decks and i never find giants overdrafted also mana fixing is less frequent now with one less set of vivids. Through out the entire of LLL I never lost a draft when i had thundercloud shaman in my deck.
aldaryn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, i couldn't call either of those picks, or silvergill douser, wrong. but i probably wouldn't take peppersmoke or purity over those other 3
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mulldrifter 100%
Orlandu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Mull Reply with quote

Yeah mulldrifter all the way. You can easily play it almost no matter what you're playing. Screw purity, it's WWW. Mulldrifter is amazing. Silvergilldouser would be my second pick from that pack.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take the shaman. next person will tke purity or mulldrifter. next will take that or douser. by taking shaman you are setting TWO, count'm TWO players on your elft into blue and the others into nothing red.

thundercloud shaman for the signal wins.
giant's also got better with banneret, warspike changeling, and more fficient early-drops from morningtide.
MaksymG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conkisstador is right.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

putting the 2 people next to you in blue does nothing, as mulldrifter can be played in anything and douser is in faeries/merfolk, it rly depends on personal preference, usually people like to draft different things so choose which ever your more comfortable drafting
Avata

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Thundercloud Shaman here. It's the best signal, it's amazing if you're in red even without other giants around, and it's the stone cold nuts if you do have other giants.
Jon_Ma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy, putting your neighboors into blue means that you get all the good red cards...

Plus, you know not to go into blue yourself.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but blue is like the best colour while red is one of the weakest
Jon_Ma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue isn't that good when two players are fighting for it right next to each other.
Deuce

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulldrifter or TC Shaman, yea. Mot of the time Mulldrifter but I get moods for going giants too. Mulldrifter is certainly safer so it prolly is the right pick.

:Edit: And mind you, Mulldrifter can be splashed and is worth it.
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

making 2 people "fight" over blue doesnt mean much as one card goes in a tribal deck while the guy who takes mulldrifter can play gb with mulldrifter or anything else he doesnt rly have to fight for blue if he doesnt want to so i dont see why mulldrifter isnt the right first pick unless you just feel like drafting giants, or maybe its just me but i really hate red in draft
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2