Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spell fizzle & targets, Shapesharer, and Mirror Entity :

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
KeySam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no judge but i can answer your questions.

1. The spell "fizzles"(gets countered) on resolution since you dont have a legal target.

2. Yes it does.

3. I am not sure what you mean but, if you use mirror entities ability for 1 all your creatures get 1/1, so if a creature had lets say 2 damages on it and had 3 thoughness it would die. (the damage doesnt fall of because the power/thoughness changed) If lethal damage is on a creatures it dies anyway.

Hope i could help.

Once again i am not a judge
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) You never get to pick new targets unless a spell specifically says so.

2) Well, yes and no. It becomes an exact copy of the card. It copies everything from name down to expansion symbol. It does not copy any additional effects, like spells you played on it or counters or anything like that. You get a copy of the base creature (basically, what is printed on the card in 99% of the cases).

3) Damage does not reduce toughness. And messing with the toughness of a creature does not remove any damage it might have. You can play the ability of Mirror Entity as often as you want, but it won't do anything to the damage already on the creature.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the goblin is sac'd in that situation before Oblivion ring comes into play(i.e inresponse to you playing o-ring I do sac gobo), you can choose a new target for the ring. Being as the ring was never in play, and you therefore have not picked a target. Since the ring has to be in play first.
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
just so you know you can shaperarer your gemhide sliver and then flip up vesuvan and tap them for 9 mana to make everything 9/9s with mirror entity

Oh goodie. Variants. And in a thread where the OP might not know you're a lying piece of shit.

So no, you can't. Don't listen to anything gypsy and/or coolcreep say.
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was joking im not that dumb
Lenin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a judge but:

1.: when opponent blinks creature just act like "erm did I say ...?? I meand i target..." so you can leagally "change" the target.

2.: who cares? noone plays this dumb card anyway.

3.:I have a conterquestion: whats the difference between a duck?
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
i was joking im not that dumb

Yes, well, see, I know that and you know that. But the people you're spewing that crap to might not.

Also, it's not funny, just annoying.

And look at that! Lenin made my 'don't listen to this lying piece of shit'-list. So remember kids, you can't trust anything gypsy, Lenin or coolcreep say. I'll be updating as soon I discover more on this compelling story!
McRishel42

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you calling people lying piece of shits just because they "tried"(I agree not successfully but still) to be funny while answering the question. It's not like you were the first post to answer the question anyway, so to you and everyone who posted after the first guy answered his questions completely correctly....why even bother? It doesn't make you look more intelligent answering questions that were already answered. Then again....gypsy is a douche, I do have to agree with that. Surprised
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardtrack is the rules authority of ml forums his answers are always complete and accurate you'd be well advised to ignore any answer not posted by him or ronjeremyjunior.
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McRishel42 wrote:
It's not like you were the first post to answer the question anyway, so to you and everyone who posted after the first guy answered his questions completely correctly....why even bother? It doesn't make you look more intelligent answering questions that were already answered. Surprised

To answer your question. First person to post isn't always correct. The first thing the first poster did was say he wasn't a judge. True he might have gotten it correct but he's not really an (O)fficial source either.

On the DCI judges mailing list you're allowed to post commentaries and opinions but not answer rules questions. That's what the (O)fficial guys are for. Even tho every one on that mailing list is a sanctioned judge, there are judges on that list who's job it is to answer the rules specific questions.

While M-L isn't as rigid there are still very few posters I would take at face value as being correct. Hardtrack is one those exceptions. I've seen where if he's not sure he will ask higher up and come back with an answer. I've answered a few questions that I didn't get 100% technically correct and he's caught me. I've pointed out a couple of his minor slips.

S'all good.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1