Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I say training or Learning for a company name?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
artificer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Should I say training or Learning for a company name? Reply with quote

My main language is not English so I want to hear the opinion of some English speakers with this one. I need to choose between “XYZ Training” and “XYZ Learning” for a company name. The company is a fictitious computer education company for adults. I need the name for a marketing presentation.
cloysterd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange question. I would say training because it's more associated with adult professionals, and learning is more associated with children.
CHRONICBL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

training
Avata

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most common usage for the words (in the United States) anyway, are these:

Learning is done in schools, typically by children but sometimes by adults, (like in a high school, college, or elementary school) or is something that happens naturally or by accident (George learned a valuable life lesson when he accidentially blew up an egg in the microwave).

Training is when someone is being instructed to perform a certain task, for example build computers, fight in the military, etc. or using a skill better, like shooting a gun, cooking, etc.

Training is also used by athletes for a competition. Weight Training, Endurance Training, etc. Getting your body ready to perform at a higher level is also training.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1