Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worst Magic Color

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that blues not good its just not as good as it used to be as there are no real control decks in the format there are aggro control control like faeries, combo control like reveilark etc. the control decks in this format are like ramp, not blue decks like it usually is
kj_4247

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Green VS. Blue Reply with quote

in america it's spelt color.

Block this last year? If you mean lorwyn block our retarded because thats not a format until shadowmoor comes out. and if your talking about Timesprial Block. I belive that GW Agrro UG Tempo and WRG Kavu Justice were all top tier block decks. Hell even teachings played Tarmogoyf.
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gw and gwr werent good decks because they couldnt beat teachings, which rarely played goyf, and so far in lorwyn block constructed ub is the best deck, i think white has been the worst colour in magic for a while now,
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedidawn wrote:
Why can nobody here spell colour?
(And it's white BTW. Life gain for the lose)

Because they are speaking an inferior form of english too the queens own. Same with the word rancour american spelling lacks the u. Good Job on being British.
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not just brits that spell it like that its um, everywhere thats not usa, because americans are dumb
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all relative, if no one really plays counterspells or combo in your meta then white would be the best color, the only reason it usually sucks is that Wrath, Story Circle, Condemn, and all that stuff that aces aggro decks is useless against most Control and Combo decks. At the same time if everyone plays aggro then blue sucks because if you sneak in a couple fast beaters they have to waste resources just to not die and you won't make it through too many rounds of aggro with a mono blue deck unless it's some kind of combo.

Anyways though the worst color of all time in Magic is Green, I mean that is obvious by how Wizards is throwing all these choice cards in the past couple blocks to green to make it not suck. I mean there have been loads of mono-red, mono-blue, and mono-black decks that were house back in the day, I can think of a handful of mono-white decks that were really good especially back in the day, but I can barely think of any mono-green decks that were ever real contenders, ever... I mean really Scryb Force was alright, odyssey/onslaught T2 elves was ok but way overshadowed by Tog, and then Secret Force is most likely the best mono-G deck I can think of but it was nothing too special. I mean seriously whats the most broken Green card ever? Fastbond? Green sucks overall but if Wizards keeps giving it cards like 'Goyf, Loam, and Krosan Grip that may change.
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trinity green was a good deck, but i dont think that any colour is the worst overall they are all bad at a point in time except maybe blue but blue is just awsome but all the other colours were bad sometime or another
Avata

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Circa_ wrote:
Blue always has been, and always will be, the most broken color in Magic.

Playing a spell that not only KILLS anything, but stops any coming into play effects or leaving play effects is just fucking stupid. No other color ever gets anything that good.

Unless they start printing red counterspells, blue will be the best.

Wow this is ignorant. How much play does Cradle to Grave see? It's a better Dark Banishing! Answer: none, because there's a very narrow window of time when the card is useful.

Counterspells are of course better than Cradle to the Grave, but they have the same weakness - there are many times when say, Nameless Inversion is simply better than a counterspell, because there's a very narrow window when you can use the counter, and pulling a counterspell off the top of your deck the turn after a spell resolves does nothing.

Also, counterspells are either highly situational (rune snag) or reasonably expensive (cancel). When your opponent is attacking you with cheap threats - thoughtseize, mogg fanatic, shard volley, tarmogoyf, etc - cancel is pretty suboptimal.

Also, by being reactive, counterspells force you not to play spells on your turn, which means if a blue deck gets behind in board positioning, they often can't catch back up. It's also worth noting that WotC has printed far fewer instant card drawing spells in recent years, making the "wait to see if you cast a spell, and then if you don't, crush you with card advantage" play of years past much more difficult.

Sorry, but every color has strengths and weaknesses, and anyone who thinks a card that says "Counter target spell" on it is automatically overpowered just has sour grapes because your Timmy-loving deck with all giant men and no mana curve or your Johnny-style deck that "goes off consistently on turn 18" isn't doing so well.
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in truth their isn't supposed to be a stronger color(yes color not colour, cause colour takes an extra letter, my spell check says it's spelled wrong, and WoTC is an American company). However someone above was right when they said its all relative.
In nearly all formats blue is a strong color, maybe not the best, but the concept is strong as pointed out above.

But no matter what it seems to me anyway that its not about color, but more about what you are going to do with it in what format, I think everyone can agree that most decks are 2 colors and are less about color then they are about specific cards that just happen to be in those colors.
kj_4247

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
its not just brits that spell it like that its um, everywhere thats not usa, because americans are dumb

or because america got out from under the thumb of the empire years befor everyone else

and at Avata>>> compare cradle to grave to counterspells is stupid yes it plays like a remove soul, but can it stop a Loxodon Hierarch from gaining you 4 life or an eternal witness from getting back a card? Ravager could still kill you in responce with a disciple of the vault and sakura tribe elder goes to fetch a land anyway. How well does than nameless inverison do against a tarmogoyf(most of the time) or an akroma or a spectral force? How great is terror against yosei?

Oh yeah what about NON CREATURE SPELLS! can a nameless inverison stop the mindslaver lock or keep an invoke the firemind for 25 from killing you? can you nameless inversion someone elses inversionto stop it from killing one of your creatures?

counterspell is inherintly better than disenchant or terror because not only can it stop more creatures than terror and more enchantments than dissechant, BUT IT CAN DO BOTH AT THE SAME TIME. That is why, on pricple counterspell effects are better. Can you change mana costs around to weaken counter spells and give everything else a fighting chance? Yes, but they very fact that they have to do that only serves to prove my point
Avata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kj_4247 wrote:

and at Avata>>> compare cradle to grave to counterspells is stupid yes it plays like a remove soul, but can it stop a Loxodon Hierarch from gaining you 4 life or an eternal witness from getting back a card? Ravager could still kill you in responce with a disciple of the vault and sakura tribe elder goes to fetch a land anyway. How well does than nameless inverison do against a tarmogoyf(most of the time) or an akroma or a spectral force? How great is terror against yosei?

Oh yeah what about NON CREATURE SPELLS! can a nameless inverison stop the mindslaver lock or keep an invoke the firemind for 25 from killing you? can you nameless inversion someone elses inversionto stop it from killing one of your creatures?

You're making up situations where a counterspell is more useful, and ignoring all the situations where they aren't, as I've already pointed out. A counterspell does nothing against resolved spells. A counterspell in your hand forces you to be reactive rather than putting pressure on the opponent. I never said counterspells were weak or unplayable, I simply pointed out that there are many situations where either a threat or a removal spell is superior. That's called "game balance."
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:

WOW
Avata

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:

WOW

epic thread bump!
arkadias

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obv blue is the best color and white is the weakest.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3