Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would you do?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: What would you do? Reply with quote

The situation is this it’s the semi finals LLM 8-4 on modo before I go into anymore details heres your deck. Which is solid at best.

1 Tar Fire
1 Shard Volley
1 Knight of the Meadow Grain
1 Soulbright Flamekin
1 Brighthearth Banneret
1 Sunflare Shaman
1 Surge of the Thoughtweft
1 Avian Chanelling
1 Inscendant Soulstake
1 Inner Flame Accolyte
1 Oblivion Ring
2 Stinkdrinker Daredevil
1 Burrenton Bombadier
2 Kithkin Zephyrnaut
1 Neck Snap
1 Chanelling Sentinal
1 Giant Harbinger
1 Plover Knights
1 Pyroclast Consul
1 Swell of Courage
1 Axegrinder Giant
9 Mountains
8 Plains

Your opponent is playing gwb treefolk cards you have seen so far include Doran the Siege Tower, Orchard Warden, Treefolk Harbinger, Battlewand oak, fistful of force earthbrawn, Cloud Crown Oak, Bosk Banneret, Oaken Brawler, Fertile Ground, Elvish Harbinger (when ever played nothing fetched)

His board is 3 plains 2 forests and a vivid marsh he is at 5 life with an orchard warden treefolk harbringer and battlewand oak in play 2 cards in hand. Tapped out)

It is your turn you are at 3 life with 1 mountain 2 plains bright hearth banneret, sunflare shaman, oblivion ring (on doran), avian channelling in play

In hand Kithkin Zeyphernaut, Shard Volley, Chanelling Sentinal, Burrerton Bombadiers, Neck Snap (drawn for the go)

Think carefully about what cards you need to play around what would you do (note he has not played a forst for a few turns since battlewand oak came into play) and give me what you would do and reasoning?

I will tell you what I did and what happened latter with reasons.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have any elementals in your graveyard?
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i missed that info out there is a incesdant soulstake in your graveyard and that is all.
Hank333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe i dont understand, am i missing somthing? Swing with avian changling, shard volley ftw? You can reinforce your changling as well to rub more dirt into the wound. You still have 2 guys back to block, but if he is tapped out i don't know what he can do?
Golden_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of Course you attack whit just changeling.
Then if it lives you just shard volley if not you shoot him whit to sunfire. And what id do realy depents what he does.
kj_4247

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2+3=5
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear winning the game is a good play in magic, why do people post these stupid things when its like the easiest play in the world.
bleh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank333 wrote:
Maybe i dont understand, am i missing somthing? Swing with avian changling, shard volley ftw? You can reinforce your changling as well to rub more dirt into the wound. You still have 2 guys back to block, but if he is tapped out i don't know what he can do?

Reinforcing costs 2W and he has only 3 mana.
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry i messed this up totally he must have been at 6 life or it is really obvious.

What actually happened was i fucked up and decided to play around nameless inversion rather than making the obvious play of reinforcing the aven chanelling with with the borbadiers for the most damage. What i did would have been the right play but for one thing. As if he drew cloudcrown oak he won either way and nameless inversion was the only other card i could imagine losing to. This was a mistake as he had twice cast elvish habinger fetching nothing so he obviously didnt have the inversion. Why my play of simply playing the bombadiers and passing was an error.

On his go he plays bosk banneret (gaining 3) and then evokes cloudthreser for the win. I imagine most people would not play around cloudthresher particulary when they dont know its in the deck. I just wanted to get an idea of other peoples thought processes and how deep they went which is why i made the post.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1