Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

considering switching to mws

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Hank333

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know you could play on BOTH apprentice and MWS if you just can't stand to lose that apprentice feel.
You never have to pay for it.
WotC can't come after you, they have already thought of it, the logistics are too much, they would have to go after millions of people.

i reiterate, there is no reason you can't play on both!!! i do it all the time. I prefer MWS, but for drafts you will notice that apprentice is better because it has a security code and is transferable from netdraft to apprentice.

some people say there are no dumb questions, i disagree.
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how and why would wotc come after u i dont understand how that is a problem
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a freind once who started a rumor that richard garfield was gay with mark rosewater, he was found dead in a ditch about a month after the rumour started circulating. Dont underestimate wizards.
kj_4247

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizards could never go after the individle players they could go after the MWS company but because the program was made in such a way that it can be used for ANY TCG they have less grounds for a suit.

Also MWS is great and the world would be a better place if everyone used the same program
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so I believe it is highly possible that within the next 20 years the wizards will follow the suit of the nazis and order the extermination of all MWS players who have not spent at least $1000 on modo.
ant900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mws was purposely made in a way where you can't sue them for copyrights infringement
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mws probably makes wizards money in the abstract...it's basically free publicity for them...even if they could shut it down, i really doubt it'd be practical fro them to do so.
AOCharm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent bought the full version yet and i thought you have to have the full version to play with other people?

some of the people in IRC were saying that MWS is no longer going to be updated with the new sets etc and is just gonna die any idea if this is true.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1