Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody use Magic Online?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
artificer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Anybody use Magic Online? Reply with quote

Before using Magic Workstation & Magic League I spend a couple of days playing with free core decks on MTGO it was fun and it is a great tool in my opinion but too expensive. I would rather (and I do) buy physical cards. But I would like to hear some opinions.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic online has multiple advantages there are no rules disputes, dodgy rulings by biased judges, all the stress of such things are taken away.

The competition is generally of a higher standard the frequency of good players compared to bad players is much higher when cash demands will simply eliminate alot of the bad players from being able to afford to continue.

Playing on magic-league where alot of the competition is of a poor standard can effect your game you can begin to expect people to make mistakes and can end up playing as if they will make them rather than correctly. At the relevant end of a ptq and upwards this will not happen so if you are serious about your game or want a stiffer challenge magic online is really what you are looking for.

You can make money playing magic online (only the best do but i would'nt be right any other way so hey).

In short if you are really serious about magic you need magic online, if your not your better of playing on free leagues like this.

And I forgot the thing that really attracts me to magic online competative drafts firing every 3 minutes every hour of the day.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u dont need to be serious about magic to get magic online i play a lot but i dont have the budget for mtgo and irl magic like most people so i do the ocasional draft on modo but mosly i like to try decks out here, there are worse people here but then again there are rich assholes on modo that think they are good btu suck. just find some people who are better than u and test vs them thats the best way to get better
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1