Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

magic-league gp

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

magic-league gp ?
yes
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
are you crazy ( no )
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

zig-goyf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: magic-league gp Reply with quote

what you ppl from m-l think about this whe should have a magic-league grand prix a big tournament on 2 day i know this look hard to make but this will be aswome all the trial for the 2 previous week can make you win 3 bye and you can give bye for the rating like in rlf and give some prize to the top 8 after 2 day of big magic and awsome play whe will know who the best m-l player and the win off the m-l gp can recive some thing like for 1 year round 1 byes for master or a invitation to all the invitational tournament i know 2 day is long but i think everyone in this league love playng magic alot and for the tc you can have 2 diferent

just think about this and vote thk for reading
sandoiche
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its a great idea, but for this works, it would have to be with a BIG, REALLY GIANT AND HUGE premiation.

maybe if the league stops doing masters for a couple months, then makes the gp... but i dunno if its interesting for league.
KeySam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could be a fun idea, although it needs a lot of judges and stuff. And if they realy stop some master, the price money would be more interresting so more people would play i think.
Hank333

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what makes GP so big? Prize Structure.

Why do people play on magic-league over MTGO? money(mostly).

If you wanted a good prize structure, you would need to charge an entrie fee. once you start to charge on magic-league, you will notice no one paying because everyone is is cheap.
KeySam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. i am not sure how that works exactly with the laws, but on mtgo their no gambling per se. But if you lets say, let every player who wants to participate pay 5-10 euro/dollar whatever, you could pay the judges a bit and distribute the rest. That would draw more attention, because theres no place in the internet where you can truly play magic for money. (Like i said the laws must be checked before doing this)
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im just taking a guess but it may infringe on some copy rights or some kind of gambling law.... but just on the idea in gnrl for 1 i wouldnt participate..... i like this league mostly for 3 reasons ... 1 its free... 2 u can come play for a few hours and not be tied down for the whole day ... mostly why i dont partake in the masters or trials anymore... 3 because i can test alot more varity of matches then i can IRL wiithout proxing and with using less time....
i dont think a big tournment is for me but i know others would love it ..... i think it is definetly something to look into but not jump on to quickly
BALLA_STATUS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a similar idea back at worlds but not really like this, that we would have the trials during worlds be the same as the format of worlds that day, then on top8 day for worlds, the 1st/2nd place of the trials would play off for a prize.

Last edited by BALLA_STATUS on Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
MistyFatDog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is simple and something i have wanted to do for a while. IRL they do teams ptq's and such which is 3 v 3 and the team that wins 2/3 of those matches with the match overall. Whe should do something like that, it would be easier to set up then a huge tournament and just cool. The deck setup would be the same, as in its one decklist, 2 players cnat be using 4o f the same card and what not.
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: magic-league gp Reply with quote

modern_dice wrote:
what you ppl from m-l think about this whe should have a magic-league grand prix a big tournament on 2 day i know this look hard to make but this will be aswome all the trial for the 2 previous week can make you win 3 bye and you can give bye for the rating like in rlf and give some prize to the top 8 after 2 day of big magic and awsome play whe will know who the best m-l player and the win off the m-l gp can recive some thing like for 1 year round 1 byes for master or a invitation to all the invitational tournament i know 2 day is long but i think everyone in this league love playng magic alot and for the tc you can have 2 diferent

just think about this and vote thk for reading

I can't read that :-\
FlyingFreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we can do a GP instead of 3 masters or something, and then we have bigger prize money ^^

I like the idea, I'm just afraid we would have to many trials ....

maybe we just have to do another invitationals , that was just sooo cool ^^
georgjorge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nico wrote:
I don't know if you have seen the subtitles we have on this site. We are a FREE league to play magic.
ASking entry fees for tournaments has a nice ring, but I think it is not a very good idea, since it goes against the basic idea of this league, wich is offering a free alternative for players to test and hone their skills. I think in that perspective we do serve a need, and I don't think we should change it.
Greetz Nico

Just out of interest...would it even be possible to do an online league where there was an entry fee, or where the organizer made money off it ? Because it seems to me that as soon as there would be any money (from the players) involved, Wizards would soon set a stop to it (demanding royalties, forbidding the use of their intellectual property...), if only to protect their cashcow that is Magic Online.
plusua

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Magic knows no boundaries Reply with quote

Hank333 wrote:
what makes GP so big? Prize Structure.

Why do people play on magic-league over MTGO? money(mostly).

If you wanted a good prize structure, you would need to charge an entrie fee. once you start to charge on magic-league, you will notice no one paying because everyone is is cheap.

I wouldn't say that ML players are cheap. Why? Because, the cards themselves do the job of performing certain results from certain combinations. They're just waiting for someone to utilize them in that certain way. As a result cards are expensive, given the market demand but RL players pay for them anyways. On ML we get cards for free and play games with our theories, is this being cheap, no I don't so. As for ML issuing entry fees, why not suggest nothing more than 1.00 USD, and if players here cannot find the means to adjucate their paypal accounts and not support this guys idea, then maybe then I'd say yeah, ML players are cheap. Which brings to mind how cheap some online magic stores are with their shipping, not to mention their customer support philosophy. One shining example of this would have to be rancoredElf. Now I for one would have to submit that this business name is quite cheap when it comes to Magic related transactions.
bladerisen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a nice idea !

I agree !
LordHawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know an entire GP would be rather costly to both the Site and the judge who had to run it. Im not saying i dont think m-l can pull it off, im pretty sure they can. Im saying i dont know anyone who will have 2 pretty much FULL days to spend a their computer. To my knowledge M-L doesnt have a Swiss Program yet installed site side, which would be 1 poor person entering in everyones name and security code into Dci-r? i dont see it happening.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2