Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scapeshift Price?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Delicious

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Scapeshift Price? Reply with quote

there was alot of talk of this card before morningtide was released. do you think the price of them will go anywhere?
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

down
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itll hover at a lowish price. then people will see it as just one of the best green cards and voila its a deck and 8$

look for scapeshift to sac 5 lands and fetch forest forest cloupost x3. there's TNN on turn 4. and even if not it can be the slaverlock on turn 4.

yes it's a good card immediately in extended and good in legacy and also in t2 if just to thin your land lategame and get the 'right' stuff
Avata

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno. I used Scapeshift in a mono-green deck (seeing ways to cheat fat men into play quickly through Leaf Crowned Elder or just going with a 7/7 trampling Dourbark for 3G and thinking of a Wakefield-style Secret Force) and it did good things for me whenever I cast it in the late game, usually fishing out a playset of mutavaults and treetop villages. That said, I couldn't get the deck above a solid tier 2, and ended up moving on to something else before I could really give Scapeshift the playtest time it could probably use.

I do think that dreaming of a "turn 4 tooth and nail" is probably just a dream though, as it would require (in the above example) either five land in play on turn three (noting of course that you can't play land-search on turn three, you'll be casting scapeshift) or at best, four land in play and a forest in hand. That's slightly more doable, but doing nothing for the first three turns in the hopes of setting up a big spell on the fourth turn that won't even kill immediately doesn't seem like the best way to win in 1.x.

(I guess you could go for the win by casting TNN for Kiki-Jiki and Protean Hulk and then combo off, but that's a laughably inefficient way of going about a Hulk kill.)
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um a junk rare is what it will be. Its not good in Tooth and Nail, its just an extra card you need to setup, not something tooth needs.
Eldar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is an alright card that has potential; however it will be cheap now so pick up a set for like 2-3 each and hold onto them or draft them like I have been doing late in drafts. Also it would be amazing in the right kind of T&N deck. Sakura-Tribe Scout anyone?
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scapeshift is awful dont waste ur money getting them
Manipulation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it'll end up like Rumbling Slum. It's a good card, we all know it and recognize it as such, but it just can't find a place in its own deck.
Noobsauce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like it should hover around $2-4.

The only place I would consider running it is either
TNN or UG Tron.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not good in ug tron mayb in tooth but you dont need it at all tooth doesnt have a problem getting its mana engine really it has a problem getting its big cards like tooth.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one play the living/burning wish toolbox tooth?
acartizle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avata wrote:
a big spell on the fourth turn that won't even kill immediately doesn't seem like the best way to win in 1.x.

(I guess you could go for the win by casting TNN for Kiki-Jiki and Protean Hulk and then combo off, but that's a laughably inefficient way of going about a Hulk kill.)

since when does casting tooth and nail with entwine not kill immediately?
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is called kiki-jiki sky hussar duh
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1