Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Price of Countryside Crusher

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Vesuvian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Price of Countryside Crusher Reply with quote

So I've got an opportunity to buy Countryside Crushers for 12$. What do you guys think the price of this card will level out at? Part of me thinks that it may be like goyf.. which started at 4$ and went to 35$... (though Crusher won't be as ridiculous as Goyf)... and part of me thinks that it won't get much higher than 10$.

Any thoughts?
stew19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not as ridiculous? He's is insane! lol there are so many ways to get lands into your grave. use horizon canopy, gemstone mine, flagstones of trokair all in t2 and its even better in extended
kittykat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crusher is an overrated card and will see absolutely no play in any decks other than casual decks and wont get above 5$
ryguy123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

defiantley not amazing its decent deffinitley a 5 $ card Shocked Cool Laughing Crying or Very sad Embarassed Razz
KeySam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=102071

Should help Wink

I think it will stick around 6-9, and saying he has no place in competative decks is just weird.

KeySam
Black_Dog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the card that Craze said would break 1.5
ryguy123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any craze sucks d*#@ Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Question
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much, if a card has a lot of "buzz" before the set is even released you're not going to "cash in" buying them right away. It's the secret cards like Tarmogoyf and, ahem, Primal Command that should be bought the day/week of the release.

As for Countryside Crusher, it will probably start at $10 and "spike" to $15, but that will just be because casual players will buy them all up. Not necessarily because it's "broken".

Anyways, if you can get them for about $8 or less I'd snap them up. If nothing else they'll be great trade fodder. You could probably even get some goyfs for crushers from kidz at your release tourney if you're lucky.
YTheAlien

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Dog wrote:
this is the card that Craze said would break 1.5

It didn't, it just made Aggro Loam a tier 2 deck (where tier 1 is Threshold, tier 2 is Goblins, and tier 3 is the rest of the format)
BALLA_STATUS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crusher will be worth $3 like the rest of crap rares once people realize that any ext deck that plays him is bad
da_penguin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its bad bc u dont ever draw lands, but its good in loam.
MilanG[GER]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da_penguin wrote:
its bad bc u dont ever draw lands, but its good in loam.

lol......

it will definatly see play

for one in decks like R(X/x) aggro

aswell as in loam

i would say 6-8$
Clatanoff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tons of decks will be playing nothing above 3 mana. this is a 3/3 for three that makes it so all of the cards you draw the rest of the game do damage or something. Buy em up everyone this is the red goyf. and imagine this card with confidant where you dont have pretty much anything over 3 mana anyway. this card is good like goyf IMO. not quite like goyf but this is the late game 8/8 red has as an answer to goyf. NOT DRAWING LANDS IS WAY WAY GOOD in 90% of quick red decks!- anyone who said this card is not good or not going to be worth at least 10-12 forever is a fool. I got my goyfs for fifteen each and they are foreign from China =)
noob_standar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=indigo]Tons of decks will be playing nothing above 3 mana. this is a 3/3 for three that makes it so all of the cards you draw the rest of the game do damage or something. Buy em up everyone this is the red goyf. and imagine this card with confidant where you dont have pretty much anything over 3 mana anyway. this card is good like goyf IMO. not quite like goyf but this is the late game 8/8 red has as an answer to goyf. NOT DRAWING LANDS IS WAY WAY GOOD in 90% of quick red decks!- anyone who said this card is not good or not going to be worth at least 10-12 forever is a fool. I got my goyfs for fifteen each and they are foreign from China =) [/color]
I AGREED 100% THIS IS THE NEXT LEVEL RED
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet on a 12$
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2