Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Price of Thoughtseizes?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Delicious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Price of Thoughtseizes? Reply with quote

is $70 for a set too much?

or is it a good deal?
Hank333

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats about average. look on ebay, most buy it nows are around 70-80. might get something like $60-70 if you are careful.
I am betting they go down a little post extended season.
Thorns

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, anything more than 1$ for a piece of cardboard is too much.
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorns wrote:

thats how much I paid for your mom
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:
Thorns wrote:

I thought your flaming/trolling days were over?
Lenin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Craze wrote:
Thorns wrote:

You got Owned!! Yesturday she payed ME 70$ to let her do me.

Btw everyone who spend 70$ on 4 cards is a complete idiot. period.
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the value of something depend on how you consider it.I f for you mtg is just piece of cartoon it's ok, mtg have no value then. Don't forget that money irl is in paper, it's cheaper then cartoon lol maybe in your country all transaction work with gold or with object... Welcome to -500 bc j.-C
da_penguin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its cardboard not cartoon retard
Hank333

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true that money is just paper as well. So the logic that cardboard isn't worth paying for is retarded. In fact it is arguable that buying magic cards can in fact be profitable if done correctly.

ON a unrelated note, the dollar is worth about $.04 compaired to the dollar for the 1920's.
And if you really enjoy magic, and play it a lot, then why the hell would you not spend money on a card you need? You can always trade it, re-sell it. If you think it is worth your time, then buy it.
I got 4 tarmogoyfs for $63 dollars, today i could sell them on ebay for $150 pretty quickly.
Lenin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well the value of something depend on how you consider it.I f for you mtg is just piece of cartoon it's ok, mtg have no value then. Don't forget that money irl is in paper, it's cheaper then cartoon lol maybe in your country all transaction work with gold or with object... Welcome to -500 bc j.-C

I'm from europe. Our bank notes are much more expensive in production than dollar notes or MTG cards (yes eaven foil cards).
And in my oppinion ALL magic cards should be available for everyone for a small price. WotC could still earn enough money if they would make more tounaments with higher entry fees and selling oher stuff like sleefs or deck boxes.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, mtg cards should not be free/avaliable for anyone. Communism is a very very bad thing.
Lenin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In my opinion, mtg cards should not be free/avaliable for anyone. Communism is a very very bad thing

Didnt say free. But face it: Most ppl just can affort paying 2000$ for a vintage deck or eaven some 100$ for ext/t2 deck. Ist simply rediculously expensive. Why not reprint heavy traded cards to give more people access to professional tournaments???
Delicious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenin wrote:
Quote:

I'm from europe. Our bank notes are much more expensive in production than dollar notes or MTG cards (yes eaven foil cards).
And in my oppinion ALL magic cards should be available for everyone for a small price. WotC could still earn enough money if they would make more tounaments with higher entry fees and selling oher stuff like sleefs or deck boxes.

that has to be the absolute worst idea i have ever heard....

highering prices for tournaments would stop a lot of people from going, thus making everything more expensive. take a class in economics and come back and talk
Lenin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
highering prices for tournaments would stop a lot of people from going, thus making everything more expensive. take a class in economics and come back and talk

No. Higher prices for cards do. Also higher fees for tournaments are way more easy to justify becouse you acually GET something in return for your money and you have the possibilty to earn price money. Is works well like this in non-trading card games and I guess magic is populare enough to get enough peolpe to tounaments.
So no I dont think it would stop people from going to tounaments, but enable more people to do so.
YWNightmare

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lenin Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:06 pm Post subject:

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

No. Higher prices for cards do. Also higher fees for tournaments are way more easy to justify becouse you acually GET something in return for your money and you have the possibilty to earn price money. Is works well like this in non-trading card games and I guess magic is populare enough to get enough peolpe to tounaments.
So no I dont think it would stop people from going to tounaments, but enable more people to do so.

You sir, are a moroon.

I can't count how many people i know that just ask theyre friends for cards, beeing one myself.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3