Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

zomg project x returnz!!?!1

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
aceben3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: zomg project x returnz!!?!1 Reply with quote

4 Essence Warden
4 Greater Gargadon
4 Saffi Eriksdotter
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Coalition Relic
4 Chameleon Colossus
3 Thermopod
4 Reveillark
2 Fatal Frenzy
2 Molten Disaster

4 Terramorphic Expanse
2 Ancient Amphitheater
2 Brushland
2 Karplusan Forest
2 Forest
2 Mountain
2 Plains
4 Mutavault
4 Treetop Village

SB:
4 Riftsweeper
2 Detritivore
3 Cloudthresher
4 Sulfurous Blast
2 Oblivion Ring

It's kinda loose but I thought it might get someone thinking. Lots of decks can't do anything about Gargadon+Fatal Frenzy. There's also Gargadon/Thermopod+Saffi+Reveillark(+Molten Disaster). Then I just tried to fill it up with good cards. I don't know if 4 Mutavault is right yet. Thoughts?

btw the subject was a joke, it's not that hot yet.
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: zomg project x returnz!!?!1 Reply with quote

4 village + 4 mutavault is almost gaurenteed to be too many man lands ... this is without testing but i cant see all 8 in especially when the deck is 3 color Sad
-DK-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree 8 manlands is probably to much, but i have not tested the deck. i think any sort of 3 color deck will be hard to run with out the rav duals. also why no soul warden, and why not do the whole glittering wish thing that project x was doing there for a while? i dunno just my 2 cents
aceben3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep in mind it's not really a combo deck, i guess it's a midrange deck with some cute cards in it. i also haven't tested it at all. i don't really see the point of glittering wish, what would my wishboard be? like harmonic sliver, fiery justice, saffi, maybe teneb or brion stoutarm? doesn't really excite me...
Thorns

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thread with zomg in the title has no good content

rofl lol lmao
Afroking_

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Based off of principle... Reply with quote

I assume you are trying to break reveilark, and that is the point of the thread. If so, this is the deck I've been using. It runs like UW blink with r spash, but has the ability to go infinite.

4 Chromatic Star
4 Coalition Relic
4 Momentary Blink
4 Greater Gargadon
4 Mulldrifter
4 Body Double
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Reveilark
2 Venser, Shaper Savant
4 Riftwing Cloudskate

2 Island
4 Plains
4 Nimbus Maze
4 Battlefield Forge
4 Adarkar Wastes
4 Shivan Reef

I was lazy with the land.

SB:

3 Pyroclasm
4 Oblivion Ring
4 Stonecloaker
4 Aven Riftwatcher

It's cute, but its not format defining or anything. You're pretty much better off playing Mannequin.
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

play wild cantor and get infinite mana for BLAZE!!!!! no one will notice she isnt legal.
AznSilly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried the project x remake, using saffi, reveilark, and nantuko husk. it also had essence wardens and a sekkuar deathkeeper in the style of the old one. the consistency is bad without chord of calling, but i tried to use summoner's pact as a replacement creature search, it finds essence warden, saffi, or sekkuar. you can also try the glittering wish for sb sekkuar, saffi, and control elements like void or aggro like doran
aceben3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk if anyone is still interested in this but i added primal command, warhammer, and obv mogg fanatic which i was retarded not to have the first time, took out thermopod, essence warden, and molten d, and one reveillark. the deck has enough just good cards to be decent but meh a 4-card combo is as unexciting as it sounds.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1