Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Theme making question!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Theme making question! Reply with quote

I'm about to make a ton of great themes. While I like the borders/symbols mainly used, I've always been a bit meh for all the backgrounds, avatars, and icons used and I felt a need to fire up Flash and Photoshop...

However, before I got crazy on a list of themes...I'm fairly concerned about the text box. In the past I build a really cool "placemat" graphic and had to deal with that image also being put in the text bos background as well, severely disrupting the text.

Does anyone know how to isolate the text boxes back ground or how it reacts to the background image you have? I notice the Stone theme has managed a graphic similar to the background. but is not something seen in the background itself.

Also, while we're at it, pitch me some good themes to aim for.
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please leave.
Craze

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
Please leave.

Can I extend that question at you "ninja affinity boy"
Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
Please leave.
wow, and here I am making something the community can use and will probably like. One could even count it as a small act of atonement for prior incidences. And yet...you're still an ****.
lennin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought u were leaving m-l.
Circa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One that would be badass, and I would really enjoy, is a Catherine theme. I was thinking about making one, but I tried like months ago to make one with the Pro Tour style mats, red zone and all, and I am REALLY horrible.

I don't know how much other people would enjoy a Catherine theme, though. It is just a post-hardcore band from the States.

But if you want to do like... a sequence of themes, pick some of the popular card images, like Eternal Witness, etc. for themes. A lot of people would enjoy that.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lennin wrote:
i thought u were leaving m-l.
I talked to a judge and I settled things. It's all good now.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Circa_ wrote:
One that would be badass, and I would really enjoy, is a Catherine theme. I was thinking about making one, but I tried like months ago to make one with the Pro Tour style mats, red zone and all, and I am REALLY horrible.

I don't know how much other people would enjoy a Catherine theme, though. It is just a post-hardcore band from the States.

But if you want to do like... a sequence of themes, pick some of the popular card images, like Eternal Witness, etc. for themes. A lot of people would enjoy that.
I dunno what Catherine is...I assume it's this new age rock music that I'm not really into at all.

Theme suggestions I'm looking for are more one's that would be adopted by most of the community, so they need to be neutral or based around magic. Tonight I'll be marking the boundaries and seeing what I can do. They will also be custom themes, not just a mere masked magic pic with some graphic texture+some weird borders (they're ok at times, but there's a rampant abuse of photoshopped sigs that do this)

Current Idea's:

placemats: I'll be hunting down textures that look like the actual fibers or similar and then converting actual magic art into ink style drawings and collaging the in photoshop.

card zone maps: By this, I mean I will build a graphic that will be oriented to look like it has an intended zone for certain card types. EX: the first row of cards will have a graphic that obviously implies land as in MWS that's where they're placed by default.

I'll probably be more focused on the borders and icon box then the background image though, as that's my real forté
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1