Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Topic Locked?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps the problem isn't the league but you yourself. Your complaining because you work hard at a tourny and then a ruling goes in your opponent's favor. But who's fault is this really? The judges for not having told you rules ahead of time or yours for not knowing them? Nobody sits and explains rules to the rest of us or did it for the judges themselves. We have to go figure it out ourselves and they did too. Sounds like rather then strive to learn the rules and become a better player you refuse to accept your own inadequacy and just wanna quit and hope you find a league that goes your way of things...

well don't let the door hit you on your way out, cause to hell if this league needs people like you.
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't received any e-mails today.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, I'm kinda torn. On one hand I have a habit of blowing up over little things, on another hand I seem to be justified a lot of times. In the recent scenario I had, the judges were fine and I did not have a problem with their attitude it was the judgement call this time (usually I'm more irate about how I'm responded too)

I take my time to read rules and such, I'm often shafted on disconnect rulings, not game rulings. This is kind of a hard topic for judges and so I find myself debating if I'm being to harsh on a tough call for the judges or if a bad rule has been put in place and not told to the public.

The one that set me off was earlier I was in a mini and winning my round in g3. The opponent had 2 creatures die and hadn't dragged them to grave. I felt they were out a lil too long (not a terribly long time by any means) and so I put a damage counter to remind. Well at the same time they dragged them to grave giving them an error. I've been using this program for years and have never had this happen (as damage counters are rarely used). The judges said I received a game loss for this and my argument is I had no way of knowing this error (it is not listed any where, only over use of arrows is mentioned). They responded that it's common knowledge. Well some of you may know, but I've been playing here for years and this has never been brought to my attention. In fact the reason for using a dmg counter was to avoid the arrow error.

So here's a case where I've taken the time to read rules prior and known errors and do a move I felt was safe. It stung even worse that I was VERY close to winning that match.

So I was a little ticked. I mean, how could I have known? I had already researched and there was no mention of it. On top of that the ruling seemed very steep. I figured at worse we should replay the match as the error was not intentional (as I was winning).

But in the past, it seems disconnect issues are such a gray area I'm always met with a "shoulda known better" answer and I would LOVE to see where the protocols are to follow. It's none stop I'm met with the losing decisions for things that are not my fault and sometimes it's the opponent pulling a highly unethical tactic and me not knowing the right way to handle it.

I feel if protocol rules could at least be made clear I would be content.
denvermagic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using ML forums to find other sites like ML is like using your GFs myspace to find a new GF. Rolling Eyes
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But beyond judgements...well lets actually talk about the community. As you can see by the responses...to be blunt...this is a large collection of ass holes (referring to users, I haven't seen an out of control mod in a while). No one beyond the admins have said anything productive or encouraging. I'm not saying we all need to hold hands and gang bang a tree...but really...the attitudes on here are beyond me (even for forum standards). I know I'm not the first to point it out. Magic League has a VERY bad reputation mainly do to the pollution of overly rude participants. In fact they're part of what makes judging so dicey. I have to remind myself in my blow ups that these guys have to deal with a ton of jerks in a day and it's hard to have the patience when it comes to a real scenario.

To prove my point, a lot of people have posted immediate assumptions of how it was my fault when nothing was disclosed. It's an obvious mark they just want to harass a person and shows a very low intelligence. I'm met with this on a constant basis. It makes a lot of people not want to play here. And dare I say...a lot of people saying these mean things...are probably people that get made fun of a lot in real life and just vent it on the internet where they're safe.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...I'll give mL another shot. it seems for the most part the admins here aren't attacking me and are actually asking me what could've been and I'm respecting this attitude. But for compromise sake, is there a list of protocol for they gray areas in disconnects and such? These are the usual culprits of my out rages as I try very hard to figure things out.

or better yet...when I have these disagreements...what's the proper way to handle them?
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanboy wrote:
I'm not saying we all need to hold hands and gang bang a tree...but really...

rofl that made me fall out of my chair

as for the attitudes. Welcome to the internet, its not just here, assholes are everywhere. MTG is a game of assholes. Just quit being a sensitive douche and ignore em.

Quote:
I dunno, I'm kinda torn. On one hand I have a habit of blowing up over little things, on another hand I seem to be justified a lot of times. In the recent scenario I had, the judges were fine and I did not have a problem with their attitude it was the judgement call this time (usually I'm more irate about how I'm responded too)

thats your problem...quit being so sensitive. God damn, its a card game not life, if you can't take being being asses to you or saying something you don't like then /quit
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanboy wrote:
So...I'll give mL another shot. it seems for the most part the admins here aren't attacking me and are actually asking me what could've been and I'm respecting this attitude. But for compromise sake, is there a list of protocol for they gray areas in disconnects and such? These are the usual culprits of my out rages as I try very hard to figure things out.

or better yet...when I have these disagreements...what's the proper way to handle them?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
drama queen much?
Ggerg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i kinda think it's funny that if u had just asked if anyone new about another site, in the beginning, without all that other bs, it probably wouldn't have been an issue at all, and u might have actually gotten results.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not saying we all need to hold hands and gang bang a tree...but really...

Well in my opinion we should all hold hands and gang bang a tree... of tales!

EDIT: or maybe a tree... monkey!
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ggerg wrote:
i kinda think it's funny that if u had just asked if anyone new about another site, in the beginning, without all that other bs, it probably wouldn't have been an issue at all, and u might have actually gotten results.

He just wanted to rant and whine because something didn't go his way, now he realizes no one cares and he looks like a fool and no other site is as good as M-L so he calmed it down.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2