Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are there any other sites like Magic-League?

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Are there any other sites like Magic-League? Reply with quote

Well to start off I'm in a disagreement with mL on certain issues. I've been here for years and had a lot of fun, but as of now I'm officially resigning from here as a part of the competitive community. I will still be using this site for other purposes but no longer for tournaments.

I don't wish to rant or even say this is a bad site, it's just that I feel I'm too often in conflict and so for both our benefits I'm seeking a new site similar to Magic-League (I'm looking at one right now, but it looks horrible, lol).

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I just realized my post of the site I was investigating has been censored in my original post, so I'm wondering if this is even a thread that will be allowed.
Noremac
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, its not.
Noremac
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**DOUBLEPOST**

Last edited by Noremac on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noremac wrote:
No, its not.
Any reason as to why? It's not like this site is a business.

If anything, this is a very peaceful resolve to the issues I'm having and I'd be confused as to why this site would be against it.
xDaN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because your giving their site a negative outlook Shocked
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goji wrote:
Because your giving their site a negative outlook Shocked
I think I'm doing a big thing by not saying what my issues are. I wrote this in attempt to NOT be negative on the site and just say I view things differently. I will not devote this to why I am no longer going to remain here, but I think it's fair to say I am often in personal conflict with certain aspects. I have already sent a very in depth email to the owner so I'll let the argument take place there.

If anything this is a site made to cater to others as a free service and I applaud them for that. I in no way stated people should leave this site or be against it.

I just have personal reasons to find a new one, it could be a simple as maybe I dislike a particular user here or maybe my internet doesn't handle the site well.

So if anyone is willing to inform me of a similar site, I'd be really grateful.
Revik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the biggest problems with Magic-league has been it's lack of any good competition. It's largest competition, O-gaming, has recently seen it's demise at the hands of inactivity and lack of interest of it's own members. Now, some of the only competition Magic-league has are clones made by former members who happen to be crazy and incapable of doing something like this without complete and utter failure. As a result, Magic-league's adminship has really not done much to move the league forward, barring the MWS server that's been a long time coming. It's all been about maintaining the Status Quo, and many members have a real problem with that. The league is in good hands, but I fear that they are all too busy with other things in life to do much for the league. Koen's got a life and is rarely on IRC. Gerrardfo has school, Niknight has work, and the others are only online to idle. Maybe a new life will be instilled in the league If/When Lamex finishes the new site design. I don't know. I'm done with my rant now.

--Revik
Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revik wrote:
One of the biggest problems with Magic-league has been it's lack of any good competition. It's largest competition, ****, has recently seen it's demise at the hands of inactivity and lack of interest of it's own members. Now, some of the only competition Magic-league has are clones made by former members who happen to be crazy and incapable of doing something like this without complete and utter failure. As a result, Magic-league's adminship has really not done much to move the league forward, barring the MWS server that's been a long time coming. It's all been about maintaining the Status Quo, and many members have a real problem with that. The league is in good hands, but I fear that they are all too busy with other things in life to do much for the league. Koen's got a life and is rarely on IRC. Gerrardfo has school, Niknight has work, and the others are only online to idle. Maybe a new life will be instilled in the league If/When Lamex finishes the new site design. I don't know. I'm done with my rant now.

--Revik
This is true, but I'm tryin to make a serious effort here on finding a new site. In my email I address this briefly and even stated that if my personal issues are met with a response I will decline my resignation. I'm trying not to make this a bashing thread. Many issues are widely known and shared. But any time I make a post devoted to correcting an issue it always gets locked.

So for once, I'm not trying to complain, nothing happens when I do...I'm trying to just get a solution that will work.
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading this and I just do not understand what the problem is. Please explain. Free magic, tournaments, ratings, even a rare chance to win some cash. Drafting.... I just don't get it. What exactly is the problem? I used to get banned every couple months and the ban would last about a week. Now I don't swear and bitch to the TC's, and I do not get banned or kicked anymore (Excluding #jajaja).

What's the problem?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1