Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jumping the gun - treefolk

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Will treefolk be a good archtype in the new t2?
Hellz Yes
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
I don't think so...
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
Too early too tell
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
whats a treefolk?
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

Craze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: jumping the gun - treefolk Reply with quote

I named it jumping the gun, cause morningtide isn't finished yet. But we are 86/150 and they're can't much more additions to the treefolk legions so I thought I'd throw out what I think a treefolk morningtide t2 should look like. See what others think.
I encourage you to jump the gun too and post some of your ideas on a treefolk deck.

24 lands
4 Murmuring Bosk
2 Caves of Koilos
3 Llanowar Wastes
3 Horizon Canopy
4 treetop village
8 forest

33 Creatures
3 Doran, the Siege Tower
4 Bosk Banneret
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Treefolk Harbinger
3 Timber Protector
4 Leaf-Crowned Elder
3 Dauntless Dourbark
2 Unstoppable Ash
3 Chameleon Colossus

3 Other Spells
3 Garruk Wildspeaker

SB ideas

Indomitable Ancients
Orchard Warden
Rootgrapple

Notice how I kept the entire thing mostly creature based. I did this because honestly I think its faster this way. The idea being of course 2 routes.
Early doran/timber/dauntless beatdown
early leaf/timber/treefolk swarm
jazzbat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, there are so many new quality Treefolk cards already, those things will be a force to be reckoned with.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause for Bosk Banneret. Very needed.
BusDriver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not running battlewand oak, the only good treefolk besides Doran, is tech!
All creature decks are always winners in constructed play!

Oh and unstopable ash is brilliant in constructed, cuz treefolk get blocked to death all the time!

you've outdone yourself again craze!
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BusDriver wrote:

Oh and unstopable ash is brilliant in constructed, cuz treefolk get blocked to death all the time!

battlewand oak being the only good treefolk besides Doran eh? I wouldn't call battlewand really that good. I considered it but honestly it's not really needed. I think I've been discussing treefolk decks for a week now, and Doran was always talked about but not battlewand oak. I love how you tried making that choice obvious, but are one of the few to ever throw it out.

Oh and your right. In a format full of tribal like decks, treefolk are never gonna get blocked. Great sarcasm there moron.

Busdriver, you prove your nothing worth reading again.
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
BusDriver wrote:

Unstopable ash is just decent until doran is in play... then you have an additional 5 damage if blocked. Should the creature have trample, that isn't too bad.

You do need some support cards though craze... possibly thoughtseizes to avoid some removal.

possibly, but as I said I threw an example list out. Lets see some of yours if you don't like mine.
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the really question here is why play treefolk? Would you rather have a 4/6 topping your curve or Profane Command. I am sure the deck would work great with a small treefolk theme, but I see no real reason to push. The Harbring, Doran, and the Collouss are about the extent of the treefolk I would play in this arechtype.
JDude

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
BusDriver wrote:

Unstopable ash is just decent until doran is in play... then you have an additional 5 damage if blocked. Should the creature have trample, that isn't too bad.

You do need some support cards though craze... possibly thoughtseizes to avoid some removal.

Wait so the card is only good if you have two additional support cards in which case it really isn't even that good. Sounds like a great idea.
MilanG[GER]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm craze you seem to be spending so much time on this forum/game

but you obviously still suck

bad thing...
MIZDX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really want to play it that creature based, I'd play Heartwood Storyteller at least in the sideboard and maybe one main as a target for the Harbinger.
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry did I make this out to be a thread for idiot flamers? If you like treefolk, please share your ideas. If not then why did you fucking click the damn link?

good lord you people are stupid.
ant900

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been trying out the deck (with a few changes) and it is working out really well. I really like the deck. fast and strong, and nearly every card is a threat. Ill post my deck list later
Jayzus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id cut the elves, your ideal turn 2 play is either Doran (off of Birds) or Bosk Banneret, so who needs elves cluttering up the top of your deck?

4x Birds
4x Doran
4x Bosk Banneret
4x Leaf Crowned Elder
4x Masked Admirers
3x Chameleon Colossus

4x Thoughtseize
4x Eyeblight's Ending
3x Garruk
3x Lignify
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
Craze wrote:
Stucco wrote:
BusDriver wrote:

possibly, but as I said I threw an example list out. Lets see some of yours if you don't like mine.

I don't build decks until I see all of the cards... Razz I can't give you sample decklists if I can't see all the cards I have to work with. I DID give you an approach option with an included card.
I also didn't say that I disliked your deck at all... you need to stop being so paranoid about flamers and read posts for what they are... Confused

I didn't really mean that specifically to insult you or say you were specifically trying to flame me. More just to get someone to actually participate in a discussion rather then be a waste of space like MilanG[GER] and Busdriver. To all those actually giving suggestions, good for you.
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayzus wrote:
Id cut the elves, your ideal turn 2 play is either Doran (off of Birds) or Bosk Banneret, so who needs elves cluttering up the top of your deck?

4x Birds
4x Doran
4x Bosk Banneret
4x Leaf Crowned Elder
4x Masked Admirers
3x Chameleon Colossus

4x Thoughtseize
4x Eyeblight's Ending
3x Garruk
3x Lignify

I threw in the elves because turn 1 start off is kinda impotent. Although they could be cut for more support cards. Though lignify not lignify not being something I personally would use
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2