Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono Blue Bounce

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Jairoe03

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is....if you're running monoblue..why do you need the blue from the hearts? I still believe its a wasted slot and Mind Stone is a much better substitute if you feel you need the mana acceleration.

And I say Surgespanner is better than Heidar because it can attack and remove permanents at the same time..obviously you're going to bounce creatures unless Surgespanner can kill it, but it was also able to be copied by Vesuvan Shapeshifter...I played my first version of the deck with only 2 Surgespanners...brought one out....and the Shapeshifter out early and was bouncing things 2 at a time. At the current stage of your deck, your Vesuvan Shapeshifter can only copy 4 cards from your own deck (4 cards worthwhile copying) might as well take them out and put in 3 Surgespanners.

I merely took out Rune Snag to keep to the bouncing theme but whether or not Rune Snag or Bounce cards is very debatable and don't think is that significant whether you choose one or the other.

I also highly suggest 4 Reality Strobes and 4 Scrying sheets to maximize the likelihood of drawing them. Having the rest of your lands being islands and being a monoblue deck, getting blue mana is NEVER an issue. Trust me on this =D
MrCowFart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider running Cephalid Constable main. Deserts are better here as your colorless lands. This will turn the faerie matchup around in your favor. Running the pickles engine is not so good as you are already running a resource control engine (mass bounce) and this just dilutes that strategy (which needs it's redundant synergy to work).

This is the version I had been running:

//NAME: MU Bounce Control
20 Island
4 Desert
1 Pendelhaven

4 Riftwing Cloudskate
4 Cephalid Constable
4 Surgespanner
3 Venser, Shaper Savant
4 Howling Mine
4 Boomerang
4 Wipe Away
4 Rune Snag
4 Cryptic Command
SB: 4 Trickbind
SB: 3 Jace Beleren
SB: 4 Sower of Temptation
SB: 4 Delay
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2