Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Apprentice tourneys

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Would you be ok with having tourneys alternate between Apprentice and MWS?
Yes. I am proficient with either.
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
No. I like MWS better.
84%
 84%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 25

lennin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.magic-league.com/news/187/magic_workstation_magic-league's_1st_choice.html

mws and appr have the same commands for almost every action how is it harder to use appr is rly clunky and ugly, and if u dont like the league go play modo, and mws is functionally better, half the matches in a trial arent flips
Avata

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things here:

Judges are people. Tournaments aren't automated. This means that a judge is typically going to either 1) Host the tournament they want to play in or 2) Host the tournament that will make the most people happy.

Since the vast majority of league players prefer MWS to Apprentice, it's only logical the ratio of MWS tournaments to Apprentice ones would reflect that accordingly.

Taking the judge test is one option. Then you'd have the ability to host apprentice tournaments to your hearts content.
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avata wrote:
A few things here:

Judges are people. Tournaments aren't automated. This means that a judge is typically going to either 1) Host the tournament they want to play in or 2) Host the tournament that will make the most people happy.

Since the vast majority of league players prefer MWS to Apprentice, it's only logical the ratio of MWS tournaments to Apprentice ones would reflect that accordingly.

Taking the judge test is one option. Then you'd have the ability to host apprentice tournaments to your hearts content.

don't be silly. Everyone knows judges are clones of Gfo that the government installs after one passes the judge test.
Geez...

HOLY SHIT BLACK OPS!? I g2g
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use Appr if the league required people to either be able to host or have Hamachi and did away with flips entirely, and people who didn't have the ability to host and refused to DL either Hamachi or MWS ran the risk of getting an auto-loss if they played against someone who couldn't host but could demonstrate that they had Hamachi.

Flips = retarded. And that's why I prefer MWS - everyone can connect to everyone w/o a second step involved for those of us on a router.

Frankly I'm just waiting for Go to be finished and then there will be no arguement.
Avata

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're kidding, right? No one ever agrees on things on the internet. When go is finished, it'll just be a GO vs MWS vs Apprentice argument instead of the current one, that's all. Wink
LordHawk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Main reason Magic-league isnt using Apprentice is because of backwash, which is a cheat program. Why would the league put prized tourneys on a playing application which people could cheat? It's not a whats better, this arguement has been going on for months, the league directors have taken everything into consideration and came up with Mws is the way for the league to go. Its an even playing field ( well as even as you can get ), the visual basics of it are 1000% better and the basic commands are the exact same. the transition to Mws over Apprentice was a logical choice for the directors to go with.
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avata wrote:
A few things here:

What ratio? The only Apprentice tourneys are the randoms. I'm talking about Trials and Masters.
Sure I could take the test but between work and judging irl I don't have the time to commit. And I doubt I'd be allowed to host a Trial or Masters in Apprentice.

LordHawk: I don't know any cheat codes but I do think that MWS isn't invincible. There's enough hackers out there to break it. As far as visual basics...what I said before about bells and whistles.

It just feels a little discriminatory to Apprentice players. We can practice all day long and join the random tourneys but can't play Trials and Masters unless we totally change programs, learn that one, and reload our decks for that program.
If they did Trials or Masters in Apprentice they could have the stipulation of having Hamachi if you have connection problems.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2