Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Apprentice tourneys

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Would you be ok with having tourneys alternate between Apprentice and MWS?
Yes. I am proficient with either.
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
No. I like MWS better.
84%
 84%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 25

LoneWulf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: More Apprentice tourneys Reply with quote

I've notice lately that most of the main event tourneys are being held in MWS. Is there a reason?
I've used Apprentice for years and find it much easier to learn and use than MWS. Maybe if there was a user guide for MWS I would use it. I've tried having other players talk me thru it and the games last way longer than tourney time would allow.
Any chance of splitting tourneys between the 2 programs? I'd like to play in more than just random pick-up tourneys.
therooster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years back I played only Apprentice, but my friends stopped using it in favor of appr. I gave MWS a try, and I thought it was slow and difficult to work with a first. Of course after a few weeks I uninstalled appr and never looked back Razz
lennin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.magic-league.com/guide/magic_workstation.php

http://www.magic-league.com/news/187/magic_workstation_magic-league's_1st_choice.html

and mws is way better than apprentice and how is it harder to use all the commands are the same
mTk-Away
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: More Apprentice tourneys Reply with quote

LoneWulf wrote:
I've used Apprentice for years and find it much easier to learn and use than MWS.

I've been riding a bike for years and tried skiing yesterday. Skiing was much harder. Logically, skiing sucks and everyone should use a bike instead.
mufl0n

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

using MWS is not rocket science
lennin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the commands are the same how is it harder to use
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ahve used both programs and i found that mws was just more fun and looked more appealing then, Appr.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've been riding a bike for years and tried skiing yesterday. Skiing was much harder. Logically, skiing sucks and everyone should use a bike instead.

A completely relevant and very funny comment gj mTK
Jayzus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can use both, but I hate playing MWS. The screen is too cluttered, and I don't like the color composition.

But that's not the point - I'm sure are fans of both. So why not have tournaments in both?
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWS users are like MAC users and Christians. Their arrogant and try pushing their preferences on the rest of us. I can't tell you how many idiots have tried ridding the league of #apprentice all together just because they personally do not find a need for it.
But sadly they managed to cut appr out of trials and now your stuck with minis. Sadly judges stop making appr minis not too long after.
Now your stuck in your own little corner of the server hush hush to the rest of the league. Much like the jewish population or the green party.

I personally use both MWS and Appr and don't care which system I play.
BusDriver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWS is much better as a program than apprentice
But if someone gets DC ed there is no way to reconnect, in apprentice there is.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Majority rules Craze
and BusDriver you can reconnect in MWS
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdeg87 wrote:
Majority rules Craze
and BusDriver you can reconnect in MWS

not if your using a server

and just because their at a majority doesn't make them right or moral for that matter.
lennin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes u can reconect if ur using a server it just doesnt work all the time
LoneWulf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: More Apprentice tourneys Reply with quote

mTk-Away wrote:
LoneWulf wrote:
I've used Apprentice for years and find it much easier to learn and use than MWS.

Course you probably say the same thing about masterbation and sex. "I've been masterbating for years and tried sex yesterday. Pleasing someone else was much harder. Logically, sex sucks and everyone should just masterbate."

I wasn't saying everyone should use one program or another. I was just wanting equal opportunity for Apprentice users.

I agree with kevinconvery when he said that Apprentice is functionally better and easier to learn. Sure, MWS may have extras that Apprentice doesn't, but if I wanted all the bells and whistles I'd just play MTGO.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2