Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to beat guile.deck

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
therooster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the key to beating Sonic Boom without just falling prey to Mono Red (aka the average fast aggro deck) is TarmoRack. Quick discard in Augur, Thoughtseize, Stupor, etc + decent creatures (Goyf and Troll Ascetic), along with nigh-uncounterable damage (The Rack, since it slips in at 1 mana Razz) should be very tough.

I know I have really wrecked mono red a few times with Rack, and don't see why it can't beat mono blue as well, barring they get some sort of god hand on the play.
Thorns

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandan is great sideboard tech against anything blue. Ronom Serpent is pretty good against Skred Red, Guile, Poorlash and those Teachings decks that play snow lands, which is most I think.

In other colors, Molten Disaster was mentioned. Akroma of Fury also... Quagnoth is a good answer to many strategies out there, discard and counters notably. Thoughtseize, Agonizing Memories, Stupor, Hippy are all good black answers to it. Red gets in early threats and beats. White can do the same. Mana Tithe can come in to counter that Pact of Negation or even Guile. And of course, Eyes of the Wisent is good.

That's what I could think of right now. I hope this helped.

-Thorns-
KrovikanMist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorns wrote:
Dandan is great sideboard tech against anything blue. Ronom Serpent is pretty good against Skred Red, Guile, Poorlash and those Teachings decks that play snow lands, which is most I think.

In other colors, Molten Disaster was mentioned. Akroma of Fury also... Quagnoth is a good answer to many strategies out there, discard and counters notably. Thoughtseize, Agonizing Memories, Stupor, Hippy are all good black answers to it. Red gets in early threats and beats. White can do the same. Mana Tithe can come in to counter that Pact of Negation or even Guile. And of course, Eyes of the Wisent is good.

That's what I could think of right now. I hope this helped.

-Thorns-

Yeah anything with split second is quite good against counter heavy decks.

And also I always run 4 eyes of the wisent in my sb if I am playing green.

Have you noticed on the official gatherer you can't get any results for Dandan if you search the term "dandan".

Ronom Serpent?! I mean for blue decks its quite good against aggro, but against guile? It'd be countered before it can hit play if they ever have a snowland in play.

I just want to bring to your attention one of the most underrated timeshifted cards: Scragnoth. Its even better than the popular Quagnoth against Guile.dec. IT comes into play one turn earlier and beats for like...ftw...
Thorns

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally run 1 Ronom Serpent in my sideboard in my Merfolk deck. It's not the best, but it can get the job done quickly.

Quagnoth just seems to be a better package for one more mana. The bigger size also makes him a better contender, I say.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quagnoth is good vs black and red as well as blue. Scragnoth is only good vs monoblue. If you expect a lot of blue counter, you can ofcourse run both...
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quagnoth or youre a big blubbering vagina.
Apos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dandân you morons not Dandan
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2