Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sonic Boom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Sonic Boom fun?
Yay.
57%
 57%  [ 22 ]
Nay.
42%
 42%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 38

SOAD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the fact Sonic Boom is an oximoron
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: essay of mono blue and why people hate it so much. Reply with quote

the fact that people have hated mono blue for at least a decade is not all that surprising at all. since it is a major archetype called denial which above all was a simple concept.

"If i don't let my opponent play spells they can't win." while alot of card types have this idea behind them ie: Mill,discard,Counter,land destruction. mono blue was considered the strongest base for this type of deck. since it had card advantage and powercards in its color. anscestral recall,force of will,counterspell, not to mention
library of alexandria, mox saphire,etc..

but in standard...

mono blue is not this powerful
since turn one 2 mana is not in the format.

but, still regarded with some punitive dismay "Strong"
since a pro tour player "woke up the meta" to its playable/winnable denial strategy which many would consider
one sided since no other cards are effective against this other than "split second" or low cost spells which you have to commit your deck to. if mono blue becomes a standard top 8 deck what does this force the meta to do? play with fast low casting decks probably White weenie goblins elfs discard. with the most efficent cards costing $25- $40 (thoughtsieze/tarmogoyf/garruk ) white weenie seeming to be a underpowered deck stomps Sonicboom before sideboard but no other favorable matchups elves with a strong build does well before sideboard then uses eyes of the wisent making the match up a little more favorable for the elf deck.

So why hate mono blue? because it forces you to build a brand new deck? because you lose sb vs any other deck besides mono blue?... because it boring? well let's think about that last one.. it's boring?...well for me being a control player.. i am baised to think it's not boring since i love denial...but, can see where you might want to pull out your hair cause you can't resolve a spell that would put the game in your favor. but "Denial" has done that for a decade so my advice is to just think about how to beat the deck and prepare for it as well as the rest of your local meta. so quitcha bitch'n
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

__Q__ wrote:
i agree with gushatog! sonic boom lose vs the most decks played atm ... so it makes no sence to play it Cool

both of you are complete idiots.

in other news, everyone at working at wizards of the coast will agree that blue is the best color. oh noes! people who make the game agree on the best color! blue has been twinked in recent years, but thanks to teferi, venser, sower of temptation, and cryptic command, mono-blue isn't only playable, its rather good!
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, obviously, you are a n00b. when did you start playing magic?
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or i could just not suck at magic and know that blue kicks ass.
Orlandu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

Agreed.

Best turn one play in magic? Island.

Best turn two play in magic? Island.
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: yeah Reply with quote

Orlandu wrote:
Agreed.

Best turn one play in magic? Island.

Best turn two play in magic? Island.

nah, best turn 1 play in magic

mox jet
mox
mox
mox
lotus
bazzar of bagdad
contract from below.
lennin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bext turn 1 in magic involves fastbond multiple gushes yawgmoths will and a tendrils
kj_4247

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Aggro vs. Control Skill levels Reply with quote

For the most part I think Magic Player's can agree that Control is hardER to play than Aggro. That doesn't mean that playing aggro isn't hard, just not AS hard. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule Ravager was probably harder to play(well) than Sonic Boom is today and of course Teachings decks were harder to play than Boros Deck Wins last year.

P.S. Mono-Blue mirror matches are one of my all time favorite magic games.
kj_4247

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: And another thing.... Reply with quote

Turbofog now THATS a boring deck
lennin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it was hard to play well, this is why most ppl are ignorant of the fact that aggro is hard to play well, any donkey can just fire burn spells at some one but to win a tournament u need to be good.
kj_4247

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: RE: Lennin Reply with quote

Couldn't of said it better myself
lennin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but did u notice that people who did well with affinity were good players not randoms
YTheAlien

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is not necessarily because their play still let them win out over worse players but because they picked the superior deck in the format and had better boards. Affinity is not at all hard to play and is very "oops I win" - it isn't even particularly skill intensive on the scale of aggro decks, much less when put up next to other archetypes.
lennin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more ignorant ppl sigh
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4