Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pickles and how to make it better

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Hawkins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: pickles and how to make it better Reply with quote

I have been playing pickles for about 3 weeks now. The decks is nuts. I have won 2 fnm's with it both weeks only losing one match. I know fnm's aren't hard but ours is a pretty good field. With 2 ppl that were in top 8 at states a couple ppl with pro points some others with 1800+ ratings and about a 30-40 person field. Here is the list i'm playing.

3 Brine elemental
3 sower of temptation
3 teferi
4 vesuvan shapeshifter

4 rune snag
4 remove soul
4 faerie trickery
4 cryptic command
1 pact of negation

4 ancestral visions

2 u/w charge land
2 u/b charge land
4 desert
1 urza's factory
16 snow-covered island

sb
4 phyrexian ironfoot
1 pact of negation
1 razormane masticore
3 fathom seer
3 willbender
3 jace beralen

I know it isn't that much different than the on from top 8 at gp krakow, but i think that is the problem. surprisingly i have a really easy time versus aggro but the problem is aggro with disruption. my two loses are against tarmorack and u/g pickles (the one from top 8 in wisconsin). i beat both in the finals but they are a very hard match and i would like to make the u/g one better if not both. any thoughts would help thanks.
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your deck is good, in fact, i like it! but don't worry, no deck can beat every other deck. tarmorack might as well be an auto-loss for you unless you start maining 4x think twice. and just play better against u/g pickels, and you win.
lennin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um tarmorack is no where near an auto lose, mostly bc tarmorack is bad and mostly if u draw ur visions they should never beat u especially when theyre on the play
therooster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest the following list:

4 Vesuvan Shapeshifter
3 Brine Elemental
4 quarts medium, unwaxed cucumbers (measure after slicing)
6 medium onions, sliced
2 green peppers, chopped
3 cloves garlic

1/3 cup kosher salt
5 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
2 tablespoons mustard seed
3 cups cider vinnegar
Cracked ice

Do not peel cucumbers, slice thin. Add onions, peppers, and whole garlic cloves. Add salt. Cover with cracked ice and mix thoroughly. Let stand 3 hours. Drain well. Combine remaining ingredients in separate bowl. Pour over cucumber mixture. Heat just to boil. Seal in hot, sterilized jars. Process for 10 minutes.

Yield: 8 pints

Good luck!
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was some hardcore sarcasm. Nice work Rooster
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When pickles combo goes off, you win the game.

This means that inevitability is on your side. Once you and your opponent have shuffled your decks, you have won the game. It is up to him to prove the opposite.

A pickles deck should emphasize and reinforce this inevitability.
lennin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not exaclty true ive won under the pickles lock many times
Rebirth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: pickles and how to make it better Reply with quote

Hawkins wrote:
I have been playing pickles for about 3 weeks now. The decks is nuts. I have won 2 fnm's with it both weeks only losing one match. I know fnm's aren't hard but ours is a pretty good field. With 2 ppl that were in top 8 at states a couple ppl with pro points some others with 1800+ ratings and about a 30-40 person field. Here is the list i'm playing.

3 Brine elemental
3 sower of temptation
3 teferi
4 vesuvan shapeshifter

4 rune snag
4 remove soul
4 faerie trickery
4 cryptic command
1 pact of negation

4 ancestral visions

2 u/w charge land
2 u/b charge land
4 desert
1 urza's factory
16 snow-covered island

sb
4 phyrexian ironfoot
1 pact of negation
1 razormane masticore
3 fathom seer
3 willbender
3 jace beralen

I know it isn't that much different than the on from top 8 at gp krakow, but i think that is the problem. surprisingly i have a really easy time versus aggro but the problem is aggro with disruption. my two loses are against tarmorack and u/g pickles (the one from top 8 in wisconsin). i beat both in the finals but they are a very hard match and i would like to make the u/g one better if not both. any thoughts would help thanks.

TarmoRack from wisconsin states t8 or did some newb actually netdeck my UG Pickles list! LOL! I only had 9 green sources!
Hawkins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes some guy was like i like the wisconsin list and added i think like 2 forests or something i really wasn't paying any attention.

i know that pickles just has to sit and wait for the win but i would like aggro control to be a bit of a better match up for me. to be honest i have lost one match to an aggro player and was dumb with the hand i kept in game 3 and trusted my deck to draw mana for me and it didn't happen. control is a fight that is usaully desided on play skill. aggro control you have to do something because they attack your life and your resources. whether it is your hand or just keeping their guys on board. but i guess you maybe right maybe i should just test the match up more and become better at it a understand it better.

thanks for the input keep it coming.
lennin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

learn to draw visions turn 1 every game
dennooze

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therooster wrote:
I suggest the following list:

4 Vesuvan Shapeshifter
3 Brine Elemental
4 quarts medium, unwaxed cucumbers (measure after slicing)
6 medium onions, sliced
2 green peppers, chopped
3 cloves garlic

1/3 cup kosher salt
5 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
2 tablespoons mustard seed
3 cups cider vinnegar
Cracked ice

Do not peel cucumbers, slice thin. Add onions, peppers, and whole garlic cloves. Add salt. Cover with cracked ice and mix thoroughly. Let stand 3 hours. Drain well. Combine remaining ingredients in separate bowl. Pour over cucumber mixture. Heat just to boil. Seal in hot, sterilized jars. Process for 10 minutes.

Yield: 8 pints

Good luck!

Wow, you guys can at least be a little helpful here. Instead of posting such nonsensical sarcastic remarks. He's asking for better sideboard and ways to handle tarmo rack. Please stop doing this. I noticed some forumers here are really rude and perhaps the way you posted explained to us you are a bad cook ?

Anyway leave these people alone, against tarmorack, thru my experience if you can get a ancestral vision suspended out early game or before he manage to kill you. Your match will not become an auto lose. You should be able to stall him fairly well if you can get enough draws.

Though, it will depends on what your opponent have in store for you in his hand. You might need to anticipate the worse. If they have too much creature removals or discards, then it's going to be a big problem.

The last time I played against a modified tarmorack, he combo his damnation with his sideboard bitter ordeal to kill my counters and remove them. And that was really unexpected. But as far as most of my friends told me, Bitter Ordeal really hurts most control decks. Especially Draw-go and pickles.
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being a control player if you really want a solid match up vs
the rack lose the black charge lands and sb in return to dust
use fairy conclave and you also need pithing needle in sb

25 lands -1 to 24
+ 4th sower of temptation

-3 fathom +3 pithing needle
-1 jace -1 pact +2 return to dust

maindeck 3 willbender put 4 sower in sb play willbender on (turn 5 only!) so they waste kill on they cards Very Happy

starting deck should be ready to play vs aggro
so it should be more creature based.

so think about that which way do you want to start?
with counters or w/ creature s with counter support?

your starting base is built to play vs control not aggro.
which one is your meta heavy control decks or heavy aggro?
dennooze

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point to mention. Love those info.

By the way, has anyone tried combining pickles with U/B teachings or U/B control ? Laughing
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dennooze wrote:
Good point to mention. Love those info.

By the way, has anyone tried combining pickles with U/B teachings or U/B control ? Laughing

O.o top 8 U.S. nats this year n00b.
StrikeForce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've been looking for some SB options that could be helpful against Rock and TarmoRack with my UW list. I forgot about Willbender, which would be decent in both Discard and Burn matchups. So far I've been considering Sower of Temptations or Loxodon Warhammers in the SB, which are both useful in more than just the Discard matchups.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2