Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono-R elemental (aggro?)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
boomwolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe not a noob to magic, but defiantly a noob to forums.
people want help with their decks, not out-fetched decks.

Last three posts were great though. that is the kind of posts I love to see, even if I would have disagreed with them...both decks have the same core, not-too-different support cards, same play ideas.
Very different from the onlder ones. they made me venomed. (and I overdid it methinks.) these ones made me actually think and try to see WHY do you pick each card, and what are your reasons.

You gave me plenty to think about. I'll check some ideas you gave me out and update my decklist with them if they turn out effective.

You really think I should main sulfur? I always saw him as a SB card.

More burn. humm. always loved burn, only thing remaining is to pick what burn to adopt.

I think you miss something with lightning serpent. as an elemental I can use the mana from smokebraider for him, landing a big hit with complete surprise. but thats what I think. (and I got to landing a 6-8 damage attacks with him, often sealing the game.)

Anyway, time for thinkering the deck with the ideas you gave me.
lennin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they made me venomed.

what does that even mean?
Thorns

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should really play Changeling Berserker, he's a great beater and can finish the job real fast too, AND saves one guy from Wrath or Damnation or Molten Disaster or whatever.

For burn, Incinerate obviously, Rift Bolt is great too. I would play at least one main deck Molten Disaster and another in the sideboard, to wipe out those annoying aggro decks that are going to be faster than yours.

I think Sulfur Elemental should remain in the sideboard. The thing is, if he doesn't kill opposing creatures, he'll boost them up and speed up your clock, not exactly what you want. Sure, against Kithkin aggro, he'll pretty much own, but you have to be ready for anything.

Magus of the Moon is still a great card. He's going to stop your opponent from recurring his Gnomes against you, which is probably what a red deck fears most. He's not as good as in Ravnica Standard, but he still has many uses, and can screw a plenty mana bases. He doesn't hurt you, so I don't see the problem. Here's what I think your sideboard should look like:

3 Pithing Needle
4 Ingot Chewer
2 Molten Disaster
3 Magus of the Moon
3 Threaten

Good luck with the deck man.

-Thorns-

EDIT: You should also give a look to that red/green Elemental deck that got 8th somewhere. It plays 4 Groundbreaker and 3 Timbermares for finishers. I played around with that build for a while, and though it isn't amazing, it definitely is fun to play. Link:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/mf173
iKe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should play hostility. With incandescent soul stroke and incinerate you can win on turn 4, and with flamekin harbringer to search for them it's not that hard to get.
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iKe wrote:
I think you should play hostility. With incandescent soul stroke and incinerate you can win on turn 4, and with flamekin harbringer to search for them it's not that hard to get.

and turn 4 wins do make the world go round in standard these days.
Black_Dog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf you mean RAV and Magus of the Moon? he's legal. Man, so many decks, use non basic lands as their base. Why not exploit that and screw em. It's at least worth a strong A+ Sideboard.
Avata

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I do kind of like Sulfur Elemental as a 1-of tutor target.
toguppy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scryb ranger + smokebraider/ soulstoke works quite nicely... not to mention scryb ranger + spectral force works nicely too....

atm ive been playing a r/g version using mosswort's aswell as it isnt hard to get 10 toughness out when one of your elemtnals is a 10/2... i havent tested out summoners pact, it seems interesting.

the basic deck ive been testing is something like this:

4 spectral force
4 hostility
4 nova chaser
4 scryb ranger
4 soulstoker
4 smoke braider
4 flmaekin harbinger
4 incinerate
4 rift bolt

4 mosswort
6 s.forest
1 pendelhaven
11 s.mountain
2 mouth of ronom

sb:
4 hail storm
3 stormbind
4 eyes of the wisent
2 loxodon warhammer
2 disintegrate

my builds slightly different irl, but im at work atm just bumming so i dont have it in front of me. being albe to play a turn 3 spectral force or hostility is quite nice.
boomwolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...many...good...ideas...head...hurts...

Anyway, buy "makes me venomed" I meant I simply hated. and I don't even know them, but reading their posts made me hate, not only them, but hate in general.

anyway, sooo many good ideas. let me think, alot, before i get the next decklist...
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBU - Elementals with Shriekmaw and Mulldrifter.

4 Flamekin Harbinger
4 Incandescent Soulstoke
4 Smokebraider
4 Shriekmaw
4 Mulldrifter
4 Changeling Berserker
3 Nova Chaser
2 Hostility
4 Incinerate
4 Rift Bolt

15 Mountain
4 Secluded Glen
4 Underground River

Berserker is great with Harbinger, Shriekmaw and Mulldrifter. Especially with Soulstoke. The deck is vulnerable if Smokebraider and/or Harbinger does not show up or are killed. Then there could be some waiting to get a creature in play. Address this, and the deck will certainly be a good one.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2