Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NO Apprentice for all Trials - Its antiquated

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
d3m0n

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: NO Apprentice for all Trials - Its antiquated Reply with quote

Why do we still use Apprentice ...

there us no table split ...
some cards can be hide under others
it is not possible to see handcards ...
No PT changing
No automatic untap and draw on phase shift
Suffler is on lower randomize level
Tap - and attack state is much better to see

so pls no more sealed trials on appr !!!
Avata

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. When a program is so out of use that the only place to download it is from m-l itself, it's time to let go.
jazzbat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I would love to play in sealed tournaments but I can't stand playing with Apprentice.
Araeliz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with almost everything (save shuffler thing, I think that it is better), plus, MWS is more user friendly...and cheat unfriendly.

Last edited by Araeliz on Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
nopenopenope

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right
But mws have some bad effect too....
I hate when you get disconnected and you lost the session. You can't do anything to arrange it.

We are waiting for GO Smile
We need a legal version for the league!!!!
cloysterd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%. Not only is MWS better and easier to use, I can't even get Hamachi to work properly on Vista. Apprentice is a relic.
Ro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree, while I def. think MWS is better than apprentice, there is still an apprentice-public/fanclub.

However, I do want a mws sealed trial...
thedarkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree entirely, but the mws shuffler IS better than the apprentice shuffler, it's not a matter of opinion. The mws shuffler is random, the apprentice shuffler basically stacks lands. o.O Which would you rather use? Razz
kimzter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about apprentice for everything one month then mws the other
I have both but MwS is the damndest clunky buggy crashing piece of crap program on my computer and I still run win98 so i know about clunky and buggy
I do play with MWS so its not like i hate it but appr just runs better
in response to the listed "problems" with appr

there us no table split ...

but the playing space it like one third of appr

some cards can be hide under others

yes that is a problem

it is not possible to see handcards ...
I don't understand why this is a problem

No PT changing
what PT changing?

No automatic untap and draw on phase shift
its not auto you atill have to do it

Suffler is on lower randomize level

Tap - and attack state is much better to se
they look tapped and attacking in both programs as far as i can see

MWS arrows showing what targets are is better than appr

the no reconnect on Mws has got to be a major concern if you are worried about cheaters . all you have to do to force a restart is unplug the incoming line out of the back of your comp and that game is burned

but this whole don't allow appr thing is silly you should have and play both and the Trials should be open to either if you don't have both and you are unable to play because your opponent doesn't have both either you should both get a loss
bertu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't find it antiquated being able to play a full match without unintentional disconnection or session losts.

It's funny how people claim that apprentice is "cheater friendly" because of Backwash (which we have solutions for) and no one says anything about all the shady games won by disconnects on MWS.

Stop bitching, apprentice is miles better than MWS and it is a shame that this league has moved away from it in the first place.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, for those who are talking about "intentional" and "shady" disconnect wins on mws, you have to know that any judge who rules that someone whose link dropped in-game WINS the match is probably not gonna be a judge for very long.

In order to disconnect mws in such a manner that YOU do not receive the game/match loss, I imagine it's far more involved that unplugging your ethernet cable. If you unplug your ethernet cable, your connection fails, and that is grounds for a game loss.

Also, if you're running Win98, why the FUCK are you complaining about MWS at ALL? you should shell out $50 and get an OS that actually SUPPORTS Workstation before you complain about its not working. Technically it works on 98, but it's like putting salt in a wound; you'll have ludicrously large numbers of errors, exponentially more than your average person on a human-friendly OS.

Also, we moved away from Apprentice because nobody used it. That seems like a perfectly valid reason to me. This is just the next logical step.
Tenak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimzter wrote:
how about apprentice for everything one month then mws the other
I have both but MwS is the damndest clunky buggy crashing piece of crap program on my computer and I still run win98 so i know about clunky and buggy
I do play with MWS so its not like i hate it but appr just runs better
in response to the listed "problems" with appr

So the main argument is that it is better if you are running a 10 year old operating system? Far from convincing...

Apprentice is well well passed it's time, and compared to MWS is just an utterly frustrating experience.
lennin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually the number of games won by disconect has gone done a lot bc the new ruling i geuss is to restart the game
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarkness wrote:
Technically it works on 98, but it's like putting salt in a wound; you'll have ludicrously large numbers of errors, exponentially more than your average person on a human-friendly OS.

Totally! I know every time I put salt in a wound I get a large number of errors, and exponentially more than your average person on a human-friendly OS. . . That analogy is just like putting the knife in the jelly before cleaning the peanut butter off of it.

But on an intelligent note, I love appr. I love sealed. I love appr. sealed. MWS is cool, but its too many bells and whistles for me as I like to play magic in a sterile interface and MWS' composition is hard on my eyes.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1