Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funny Moments in Personal Magic History

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Thorns

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing an Invasion-Invasion-Invasion draft this summer and drafted something like 6 Shoreline Raider (2/2 Merfolk for 2U with protection from Kavu). Throughout all my matches, all they had really been were vanilla 2/2s, but in the last round, I faced a guy who had drafted 3 Vicious Kavu, 2 Kavu Chameleon and a Raging Kavu. So basically what happened was that I dropped my pro Kavu fishies and blocked until I had enough power down to win the game. Everyone was like "What the hell, protection from Kavu actually did something!"
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twice at states (rav-future sight) i commandeered dragonstorm with at least 4 copies on the stack and fetched nivmizzet. then stuck ophidian eye on it and remanded a copy.
gg
Volrath89

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won in a magic-league master with mulligan at 3 against my worst matchup.. i was playing project x and my 3 card hand was forest, elves of deep shadow and dark confidant, my opponent was playing UR Tron and didn't counter or killed bob until i stabilized and won the game and the match Shocked
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that reminds me of a trial g3 i mulled to 3. stomping ground- kird ape- scab-clan mauler.

i won on turn 4 Smile

but the dragonstorm steal = win is my best story by a bunch. Smile
Tuesday

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I kept a hand that had 1 land (Bayou), 1 Cabal Therapy, and a bunch of 2cc and higher spells. I won the roll and chose to go first. I play Bayou and cast Cabal Therapy. I randomly name Tarmogoyf (as everyone plays it)) and managed to get him to discard two. It turns out he is playing a Sneak Attack deck. In his hand is a Witness, Sneak Attack, and 1 high casting creature. So he drops a land and passes. For my next 3 turns, I draw Cabal Therapy and name every card in his hand. He quits. Tuesday
Delicious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorbes wrote:
RThomas wrote:
delicious wrote:
i have seen fist fights break ou during games
and a couple knives and other weapons pulls
go militaristic friends
ftw!

I've seen some people even kill each other.

Do you really need to spam your rick roll joke in every thread?

if it keeps working Razz
wedgeex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few... but I'll only list two.

I have fond memories of having a burn deck around the time of the first Draw-Go decks. It was fast and aggressive with Fireblast and Incinerates and such... really brutal deck from when burn was good (Though it isn't bad now to be fair). Anyway... I always had trouble with Draw-go (an all counter deck akin to today's Waffo Tappa builds/Dralnu etc). They'd just let me burn em low and laugh as they countered everything - my solution? Oath of Mages. Never heard of it? I didn't expect you to. Just go look it up, I'll wait.

Ok.

What I'd do is drop it turn two and they'd have to deal with it. Why you ask? Because I'd drop it and mana burn myself slowly while crafting my hand. Then when we were both at like 3-4 I'd have at sick grip of all burn and I'd unload at their EOT. GG. Hilarious stuff - anywho, I had written in paint pen on these Oaths "SUCK IT" in huge letters. It was a trash rare afterall. One day at the shop, a bunch of religious folk wander into the shop to throw pamplets at people or something. Whatever god fearin' folk do. Right when they come in and start to preach, my fiance at the time, who is a bored card shop girl - is standing on a table reading through my deck and loudly exclaims "SUCK IT!"

They just turned around and walked out. So funny.

The other story is one of me clowning one of my friends out of the game almost permanantly. The era was Kamigawa/Mirrodin Standard. I had a... get this shit... Type two - 5 color - Highlander deck built for a Highlander league I was playing in. There was a local charity Extended tourny at the campus I worked for so I said "what the hell, I'll play." It was for a good cause. I used the only deck I had - "Gayzilla.dec" My T2 Mir/Kami 5c Highlander deck. In extended. So awful. (by the way, it was called "Gayzilla.dec" because it had Bringer of the Blue Dawn in it. I loved informing people that they were just "buttfucked by Gayzilla.")

First round I was paired against my friend playing a tuned U/g Madness deck. I get to talking to some of my buds. I lose track of time. Eventually the judge comes to me and gives me a game loss for not showing up to my opponent's table. Fine, fine...

So I go and sit down to end this farce - and the deck gives me twin God hands and I 2-1 through the first round. My opponent (who actually wanted to win this tourney) is just dumbfounded. He left the building that day, and I haven't seen him play tournement Magic since.

So... good times.
Hukos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD, that's hilarious

Well, one time, I was running ninja and the only cards in my hand were 5 lands, an Ornithopter and Jitte. I run 24 lands in that deck, and the next 10 or so were all lands. And for the next several turns I'm like "WTF?! Talk about mana flood."
However, I just equip Jitte to 'thopter and once I get at least 10 counters on him, I just let it rip. THat was awesome. 20/22 Ornithopter ftw.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3