Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Funny Moments in Personal Magic History

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at my card shop's weekly draft and it was game 3 ...I forget exactly what the board was like but i was down 6-3 and i think i had a 3/4 out and he had 3 points of attack on the field... I had S-blast in my hand and instead of attacking and hoping he didn"t block for the tie i decided it would be smarter to s-blast first and kill his stuff taking him down to 3 then attack... so I tap and say I'll play sulfurous blast and he goes ok...so I look down at my life sheet too take his 3 off and I go "oh shit" and one of the guys Tom who was watching goes..."You just killed yourself didn't you?" and i was like yea and he starts laughing like hell. I asked my opponent if he woulda chumped when i attacked and he said yea so i felt better.
Noobsauce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a citation from a mall cop in Toronto Canada for
playing magic in the food court.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....Having emptied his hand with Gerrad's Verdict and Duress, there were multiple Nimble Mungoses and Basking Rootwallas in play. After several attacks, I was at six life and there were ten damage on the stack.

He wonders: How can BW discard (Verdict and Duress) survive that ?

I have a solution, for flavor reasons a little bit delayed (damage on the stack ? ... thinking..):
Nourishing Shoal + Autochthon Wurm for fifteen life.
First, he is just perplex and stunned.
What would you do in that situation? Correct, first read the two unknown cards.
Realizing that I would survive his attack with that trick, he calls a judge. He took into consideration that I could've cheated that trick into my deck and hand.

Let me try to quote the judge call (keeping the sense):
Lukas P: "Judge, Judge, so my opponent, I assume he plays BW Suicide, well..and ..suddenly, out of nowhere, he plays that Shoal, the green one from Kamigawa...*stuttering*..and then, suddenly, there appeared that WURM!!! and I ask myself, well,..*stuttering*, I don't want to appear unsporting or something like that..but..*stuttering*.."
Me: "He doesn't believe me, that I play this incredibly good tech."
Judge (knows my deck from IRC): "Yes, Shoal and Wurm are part of his deck"
Ro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing goblins in extended ptq versus scepter chant. It was still game 1 and time was ending. I played ringleader revealing, goblin matron, goblin warchief, snow-covered mountain, siege gang commander (can you imagine how good taht is so late in the game? Surprised). Anyways I won last minute and he had 3 cards left in library (consantly playing ice which was sceptered) then he revealed a land of 5 land and said y manaflood.
DUDE how can someone complain about manaflood with 3 cards left in library. I mean wtf.

Also I was playing Angelfire aimed to beat aggro at t2. I was paired against gruul I keep 7 card hand he 6 card hand. I own him and he complains about the mull that's why he had lost. Then next game I mulligan to 4. I own him. Very Happy

Opponent tried to Sower of Temptation my benthicore when I had 6 merfolk untapped.

I try to multiblock Teferi with 4 pegasus tokens. (4 tokens in play also a morph in play) me tapped out opponent loads of mana. So he tendrils one token, killed the rest then flips brine elemental, bye sacred mesa gg?

I didn't pay for pact like a real pro does.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once Mindslavered a guy who had a blood wall out turn 4 in a tournament.
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have seen fist fights break ou during games

and a couple knives and other weapons pulls

go militaristic friends

ftw!
Equinox-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing threshold in legacy turn 1 at his end step I brainstorm turn 2 at his endstep I predict myself naming the card I put back on top. He Flips out and calls the judge insisting that I must have cheated to have named right with predict.
shadow483

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy I played tapped out for a 22 damage hellbent demonfire while I had goblin flectomancer on the field. Then couldn't figure out how he lost,
RThomas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delicious wrote:
i have seen fist fights break ou during games

and a couple knives and other weapons pulls

go militaristic friends

ftw!

I've seen some people even kill each other.
Tuesday

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few stories.

1st. I was playing my GR Welder Survival deck vs some Countertop deck that ran Dark Confidant. I had 2 Tarmogoyfs out (5/6) and he had 1 Dark Confidant. I managed to destroy his Divining Top with Grip and so each turn he would attack with Confidant trying to have me block it. I let 2 damage ping me to near death. He managed to get to 5 life. For his upkeep he reveals...Force of Will. I have actually seen that happen 4 more times.

2nd. I was playing my GWB Sliver Survival deck vs a Tarmobalance deck. In play he has nothing and I have Mirror Entity, Rofellos, Gemhide Sliver, Quirion Ranger, and 1 other sliver. He casts Swords to Plowshares but doesn't know what to target. So he removes my Gemhide (I guess I had no Bayou in play or something). So the next turn, I use Rofellos and Ranger to make all of my creatures 7/7 and I swing for 28 damage. That caught him completely off guard. Of course, he beat me the next 2 games because he knew what to cast Swords on. Razz
VsTheWorld

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I named Life from the Loam with Pithing Needle. And I still won.
lennin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i revealed my 1 darksteel collosus of a dark confidant when my opp had no cards in hand and i countered his spell i was at 11 he was at 2
FlyingFreak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was once on 1 life, my oppo had a suntail hawk, I had no Flyers, and I tapped out for playing a 7/7 beast, my oppo draws his card and DOESN'T attack, he says go, I beat with my 7/7 , he chumps with Suntail Hawk (who could win the game in his turn) Razz
therooster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were playing a casual multiplayer game a few years ago. One guy had a storm cauldron out. Another guy taps out and plays mutilate...

What he forgets is that all his lands return to his hand, so he mutilated for 0. We never let him down and "Mutilate for Zero" became quite the catch phrase Razz
kendiggy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the guy who Binded his opponent's deed ftw, what was your opponents name? I remember reading an article about that exact same situation on SCG, but I can't remember who wrote it.

Anywho, at states this year, there was a situation where I was at one, my opponent had a 4/4 Epochrasite in play and I had a face-down shapeshifter and two untapped Deserts. It's his turn, he attacks, I block, put damage on the stack, ask if he has any effects because it's his priority first, then unmorph shapeshifter copying the epochrasite. "Judge!" He yells, raising his hand. "What?" I ask him. "It's only a 1/1!" he exclaims, pointing to my shapeshifter. "I know." I say. "Oh." Then after damage resolves, my shapeshifter gets rfg-ed, has four time counters on it and is suspended. I then proceed to ping his Epochrasite with my two Deserts to finish it off. "Oh," he says. "Nice play." Ironically, no judge ever came.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3