Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

siege tower FNM

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Inferno3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: FMN? Reply with quote

soccertees wrote:
What is FMN?

Been to many an FNM! Shocked But, alas, the ever-elusive FMN has eluded my presence for years... Is it true? One must sacrifice a loved one (lotus of BETA) upon recognition of the FMN council to attend? If so, I fear I could not part with mine. Congrats to you and your obvious achievements in life and education.

Also, give wall-o-roots a shot in the dark. I personally see-not the benefit of a 5/5 for two.... but it came to me in a dream. Therefore, like FMN, it is destiny!

I believe the deck name needs upgrading. Though I take no credit for it's origin, it is a piece of genius:

Doran Doran: Hungry Like The Goyf Rolling Eyes

Where does xamter ever type FMN?
soccertees

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrishskill wrote:
soccertees wrote:
thranarama wrote:
SoccerTees, you are a complete and utter tool. <-- that makes you a belt... Are you seriously going to flaunt big words around like you know more than us? We all know you just use the synonyms feature on Microsoft Word. <-- maybe an education? By the way, why would you even bring up the French? The French are the dumbest people I know <-- quite possibly the only you can surround yourself with?(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxmHEGy7JUU), case and point. Anyway, if you are just going to bring up non-sensical points about a mere typo, try not to spell things wrong yourself (Agrro in your first post, Froto in a later one). <--LMAO! I care how to spell FROTO? seriously... Obviously no one but you is allowed to make any gramatical or typing errors. Not to mention the fact that you brag about a fucking card that you own in the middle of your badly written, poorly thought out insult paragraph. <-- ur so right! I could make a name for myself on here! Ummmm, no! I prefer the 1991 Constructed DCI rating I gots vs. yours anyday! We don't fucking care what cards you own, because guess what? My tax dollars (<-- negative #'s don't count!) pay for your welfare and food stamps. <-- no need of food stamps up here. Go beat yourself with a tree limb, you fucking retard. <-- jealous of our resources?

Life is good north-o-that thing Canadians are glad is there! It only takes a couple of Americans to justify the need for a foreign government official to "be like Bush" and get a little trigger happy.

Enjoy the exchange rate! You guys are AWESOME <-- an education NORTH of dat border thingy would enable you to NOT have to look up "TRUE" definitions of words on google.

Fare-the-well. Off to my igloo and squaw! Perhaps they will legalize microwaves up here soon. So jealous of your easy-mac and healthcare...

I'm a Canadian, retard. I also looked "faggot" on the official OED website, which is part of the deep web and only accessible if you are going to a post-secondary school or have a subscription...as far as I know. <-- OMFG! Been there done that. Tell me a story bout it when

For the record, in light of his newest, most retarded reply yet, I have never been more ashamed of a fellow countryman on the internet. <-- Just wait! You may not like yourself much either Cheif Squatting-Dawg!

Most of us are pretty smart and tend to not just be all nationalistic, like him. [b]<-- OK! Check out this... [/b]

HYPOCRITE!! score this ladies...

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:42 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aka: combo creatures...or creatures that lead to winning the game in one fell swoop.

If you really want to see changes in mtg, start pissing and moaning about banning japs from sanctioned tournies <-- JAPS? That is a little derogatory don'tcha think?
thedarkness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I've got to respond to this thread, since it's so far off topic. Smile

First and foremost, you're full of shit. I happen to know the only Canadian with a 1991 real-life rating (Constructed of course, there are no Canadians with that Composite rating), and Murray doesn't Magic-League.

MOVING RIGHT ALONG...

Now, let's go back to the beginning and answer every question you asked, then counter every lame-ass retort that spewed out of your gullet.

As an aside, your grammar and spelling are often far worse than the grammar and spelling you aim to "correct" (referring to your first post,
Quote:
Congrats to you and your obvious achievements in life and education.

)

Further, your misuse of words and overuse, often to the point of grammatical FAILURE of epic proportions, of hyphens, is morbidly depressing. so much so that I'll skip the first two paragraphs of your first post. Oh wait..this was a comment on those, wasn't it. Sadness.

Now then. On to your card choice analysis. Wall of Roots is a mediocre choice for a control deck of this type, a build which I have yet to see, and a fairly awful choice for an aggro-control deck, which this is. Skipping ahead a bit, when Engrishskill mentioned the term, it was NOT off-topic, but rather correcting your comment that the deck wasn't aggro. However, your comment later (in the same post) that Goyf was an auto-include wasn't really helping your stance of "this deck isn't aggro." I'll admit, goyf is run in non-aggro decks, but I'd also say that this is *only* true in non-standard formats.

Now then. I see 3 different creatures in this deck that are killed by Pyroclasm, and 3 that are not. This is an issue, but you're an idiot for saying it the way you did (referring to the "BOP aggro" comment).

Unlike any of yours, ken's post was productive and even helpful. Take that into account before earning a forum ban.

Now, on to your next post, and the use of such terms as saying that people "lavish the skill involved with MWS and it's shuffler mechanics."

Let's break that one down, because I cringed when I read it, and want everyone to know why.

"You people PROFUSE the skill involved with MWS and IT IS shuffler mechanicS."

I believe what you were *trying* to say was "you people revel in your ability to abuse MWS and its shuffling mechanic."

But I also think you're too stupid to understand what I just said.

Back to "you don't have a 1991 rating," you don't have access to the Player's Lounge at events where there is one...

FroDo was pointed out already, so I'll skip that.

Any fourth grader could have told you that a fagot (root of faggot [slang]) was a bundle of sticks long before it was a cigarette in Europe. And I do literally mean fourth grader, be ashamed that you had someone past secondary school tell you. Or that you didn't know.

I'll come back to your calling everyone else who commented on this post "smaller minded people." I swear I will.

Alright. Next post. Even IF north-o-that was a term that warranted TWO hyphens, it would be "north-o-that-thing-Canadians-are-glad-is-there," or would be grammatically incorrect. However, it's not grammatically correct EITHER WAY.

Your spelling of "aggro" (agrro) AND "Frodo" (Froto) were both corrected; why did you only comment on the Frodo part?

I won't get into a political discussion in this thread; honestly one is enough for today.

OED != Google... Learn your resources before you say they suck. As Engrishskill said, the OED (Oxford English Dictionary) is possibly the single most renowned and recognized source of information pertaining to the English language and its history and roots ANYWHERE.

I don't believe you can actually access it through Google either, though I haven't ever tried, honestly.

"Fare THEE well" is a term perhaps 3-400 years old, so I'm not surprised that you didn't know how to spell "thee," though its age isn't the only reason for this. And again, it doesn't have any hyphens in it.

As an aside, your last comment in that post was utter gibberish. You're IN Canada, where health care is free, but you're jealous of America's health care? Am I missing something? Not according to the structure of those three sentences...

Finally.

Calling the Japanese "Japs" was a derogatory phrase in the 1940's, around the start of World War 2... I can't think of a single Japanese person I know whose grandparents wouldn't take offense at that, and can't think of any other relatives of theirs who would. And believe it or not, I know more than one Japanese family. :\

Anyway, even if it was still considered offensive by the masses, it wouldn't be hypocritical to call the Japanese "Japs" and say that most Canadians are not nationalistic. Since patriotism pertains to ones own country, and racism does not necessarily, I fail to see the correlation between those two that makes his "comment" hypocrisy.

GOOD DAY SIR.
Bozo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously though, Glittering wish actually seems pretty awful in this deck.
Also, thedarkness, lavish can mean "To expend or bestow with profusion," not that it makes that sense any more logical, it does make it slightly more grammatically correct.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbl post

Last edited by Vedrfolner on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is sad to see such a serious case of a crushed ego as Soccertees clearly is. Being "tough on the internet" is itself bad enough, but what makes this so tragic is that normally, on a MTG message board, the low-self-esteem posters would try to achieve higher esteem by boasting their Magic skill. This is not so with Soccertees. He shows no understanding or interest in Magic at all. Instead he is trying but failing to achieve higher self-esteem by showing skill in writing, grammar and evidence of a higher intellect.

I actually think that the posters on this forum should show solidarity and sympathy towards Soccertees, instead of attacking his tragicomical attempts at trolling. We don't know how it is to be such an utter failure, and so shouldn't be the ones to judge him for his incapability of understanding his own pwnage.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozo: I'm aware of this, but was using the word in the adjective form, not the verb form. >_> I'm far too lazy today to actually check and see if that was correct, but you got the point. Razz

Engrishskill: thank you. :3

Vedrfolner: I DISAGREE! Stupid people without any notable mental disorder who wrongly glorify themselves repeatedly and unceasingly DESERVE THE NAME CALLING THEY ATTRACT!

QED (Yes, that's INTENDED as a joke, but I doubt most of you will get it. Sad )
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thedarkness wrote:
Bozo: I'm aware of this, but was using the word in the adjective form, not the verb form. >_> I'm far too lazy today to actually check and see if that was correct, but you got the point. Razz

Engrishskill: thank you. :3

Vedrfolner: I DISAGREE! Stupid people without any notable mental disorder who wrongly glorify themselves repeatedly and unceasingly DESERVE THE NAME CALLING THEY ATTRACT!

QED (Yes, that's INTENDED as a joke, but I doubt most of you will get it. Sad )

What if does have a mental disorder? I find that likely given the posts he have shared with us so far.

(p.s: you may want to reconsider my cincerity in the previous post)
thedarkness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you are being insincere, but don't deny me my delusions of "He's not retarded, he's just stupid!"
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if he is retarded or just stupid, all I know is that he has revealed that he has waaaaay too much spare time on his hands... on a MTG forum! (One of the most time consuming leisure activities there is)
Club_Funk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, for your consideration..

// Lands
3 [AP] Llanowar Wastes
2 [PLC] Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
4 [FUT] Horizon Canopy
3 [UL] Treetop Village
4 [US] Forest (2)
1 [LOR] Vivid Marsh
1 [AT] Brushland
1 [b] Plains (1)
2 [TSP] Swamp (4)
1 [TSB] Gemstone Mine
1 [LOR] Vivid Meadow

// Creatures
4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
4 [MR] Troll Ascetic
3 [LOR] Doran, the Siege Tower
3 [LOR] Shriekmaw
3 [TSP] Saffi Eriksdotter
4 [TSB] Wall of Roots

// Spells
2 [LOR] Garruk Wildspeaker
4 [LOR] Thoughtseize
3 [LOR] Profane Command
4 [LOR] Nameless Inversion
3 [OD] Call of the Herd

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [CS] Deathmark
SB: 4 [PLC] Extirpate
SB: 3 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 3 [LOR] Moonglove Extract
SB: 1 [LOR] Garruk Wildspeaker

Have Fun.
soccertees

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: I C THE LIGHT!!! Reply with quote

OMFG! Hey. If it isn't hisDumbness! Haven't seen you 'round since we whooped that in some trials! We still laugh about your lemming-like decks!

What we have here morons is a nerd that read more than the mandatory novels assigned to himself in school... enjoying WoW? How's about your DnD playgroup? Say-hello-from-me-little-one. (better?)

Ring any bells: Unbekannter Sektor? Hmmmmnnnn. PWN

Not only does your reply lack Vigor and Hostility! But, your extensive knowledge of useless crap leaves me to believe that mom forgot to put your portion of spelt in the fridge for you last night. Thus you layed awake all night pondering the notion of "Doesn't mommy want me here any more?". Dunno Manchild with shadow? Would you in 34 years? (keep in mind that that would involve you, a testube, a doctors office, and some deaf-dumb-blind-mutt that walks the streets in search of her next cigarette butt).

As for the rating? OMG. Someone has DCI!!!! If my name is Murray... yours my ignorant a$$ act would have to be the: Khaak Killer? Enjoy the VDub? What's with the Swimshady? All of which will mean nothing to anyone important!

Ban? oh snap! I'd better refrain. Wouldn't want the simulated gargoyles here to get upset with moi. Keep your eyes peeled for Colin and William. (they'll be the ones with non-idle hands in their pants) If they get too close, enjoy the company! It's all you have to look forward too. That and the helmut mommy got you for this years adventure. Otherwise known as: your first soccer season

Too the earlier post asking where FMN was miss spelled... Hooray! As a person you are rare indeed. Nowhere. Absolutely not anywhere here this century. This has all spawned from the lack of literacy youthful players today have. The need for new, unamaginative answers. The endless search of someone elses idea come to fruition, aknowledged, and passed onto you without fee. I have not played MAGIC for many years now. Though this handle has been used by my son in the past. I have children. No, they are not retarded. Nor am I. All but one of you however seem, like most kids today, in such a hurry to jump on one another that you forget the underlying question. Give yourself a high-five son! Take solice in knowing that you've outwitted some real FUCKING NERDS HERE~!
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soccertees... Joyce sucks. Stop pretending you are the literate cub in an illiterate pride of lions. The SoC writing technique was used to convey thoughts and images directly from the literary personae to the book/reader, instead of via an omnipresent narrating voice, which was the common norm in literature before the early 1900's. It was a reaction to the Realist movement of those decades, and was therefore a product of its time.

You are not a character in fiction, and neither are we. And you are on a damn MTG discussion forum, you fool! If you want to apply literary devices on a message board, go to www.PretentiousQuasiLiterates.com and post there instead.

... and you are calling the other posters nerds and morons? I will have to inform you that you are the biggest geek of them all.

now stfu
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3