Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lorwyn Release Events

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
jared

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Lorwyn Release Events Reply with quote

I was just curious of what people built. My combo breaker though was Galepowder Mage with Masked Admirers and Guardian of Cloverdell. I also had Primal Command to search for whichever guy i didn't have. I did get to play against a guy with Imperious Perfect, Ajani, Jace, and Garruk. I won that match. Smile
kendiggy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Hostility and the Flamekin Harbringer, but did not play them. Instead I played U/B/R control. Red was for Tarfire, Lash Out and Caterwauling Bogart. My black removal was Shriekmaw, Eyesblight Ending and Dreamspoiler Witches. The witches were really good to me, I had two of them, so I built my deck around them. I had two Wings of Velis Veil, the 2/3 flyer with flash, several faeries with flash. Then I had ALOT of changelings, which, by the way, are amazing. I had the changelings and Mad Auntie and two of the equipment that gives the equipped creature +1/+1 and changeling. And I had a couple counterspells. Caterwauling Bogart won me every game I played him in.

edit: I ended up going 5-1 putting me in fourth place.
Manipulation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played GW with Ajani, a few token makers, and an awesome elf toolbox.

I got the shit kicked out of me with Mirror Entity in 2 straight rounds, though, and went 3-2-1, coming in 11th out of 44. It wasn't all bad though, I had a Thoughtseize in my pool. Razz
sabbath

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i drafted UW merfolk with a 1st pick summon the school 2 drowner of secrets at like 8 and 10 pick and tons of changeling creatures and blue merfolk.
went 3-0 (2-0 2-0 2-0)
funny note the 3rd tie breaker row was used for the 1st and the 2nd place
jared

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i forgot to mention that i came in 6th. i lost to a friend whom i agreed to split. i wasn't too unhappy to get 6th out of like 45 or so. and i also forgot that afterwards a guy bought a box of japanese future sight and got THE foil goyf. it was pretty hot.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1