Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rudy Giuliani Will Be Prepared For Alien Attack


Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Author Message
Hank333



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 309
Location: San Antoni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so maybe I took the football, ran out of bounds, then tried to call it a touchdown, but did you see the video of Rudy Giuliani taking a phone call during the speech, I think he is showing a pattern of "odd" campaign trial happens for the sake of drawing attention to himself. I am fairly certain that it is intentional.

And the foreshadowing remark made by Craze... the illuminati love to hide things in plane sight. They foreshadowed 9/11 in the $20 bill (there is a folding trick where you see the Towers in flames and the Pentagon in flames) and they love to do stuff like that. Washington DC has a pentagon and an owl(another illuminati symbol) in its street design. That glass pyramid in Paris that was 666 glass sheets. That pope in the 70's that got assassinated on his 33rd day as the pope (for the 33 levels of Free Masons) There are tons for Foreshadowing and hidden in plane sight signs that there is a group of Elitist in control of all governments and most major corporations.
I am not going to change your mind by ranting fairly extreme views about our future that I don't "know" as facts.

But seriously folks, look at it yourself, research my so called "conspiracies", there is a lot of truth in them.

9/11 was not done by terrorist with box cutters.
JFK was killed at the Apex of a pyramid at a birds eye view.
The Federal Reserve is a total fraud on the American people.
The American Political System is rigged.
The powers that be have Alien Technology that they are not sharing with the rest of humanity.
The Illuminati are real, even if they go by some other name, they control almost everything that is controllable, they don't mind whacko(like me) so much because the truth is so much harder to believe then lies they tell with the "facts" they use to convince you of the mainstream "truth".

Ug... now i have written too much, and nobody will read any of it because of that.

The conspiracys are so complicated because they are in every part of our lives and we don't even know it.
Back to top
Avata



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 407

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank333 wrote:
Ok, so maybe I took the football, ran out of bounds, then tried to call it a touchdown, but did you see the video of Rudy Giuliani taking a phone call during the speech, I think he is showing a pattern of "odd" campaign trial happens for the sake of drawing attention to himself. I am fairly certain that it is intentional.

And the foreshadowing remark made by Craze... the illuminati love to hide things in plane sight. They foreshadowed 9/11 in the $20 bill (there is a folding trick where you see the Towers in flames and the Pentagon in flames) and they love to do stuff like that. Washington DC has a pentagon and an owl(another illuminati symbol) in its street design. That glass pyramid in Paris that was 666 glass sheets. That pope in the 70's that got assassinated on his 33rd day as the pope (for the 33 levels of Free Masons) There are tons for Foreshadowing and hidden in plane sight signs that there is a group of Elitist in control of all governments and most major corporations.
I am not going to change your mind by ranting fairly extreme views about our future that I don't "know" as facts.

But seriously folks, look at it yourself, research my so called "conspiracies", there is a lot of truth in them.

9/11 was not done by terrorist with box cutters.
JFK was killed at the Apex of a pyramid at a birds eye view.
The Federal Reserve is a total fraud on the American people.
The American Political System is rigged.
The powers that be have Alien Technology that they are not sharing with the rest of humanity.
The Illuminati are real, even if they go by some other name, they control almost everything that is controllable, they don't mind whacko(like me) so much because the truth is so much harder to believe then lies they tell with the "facts" they use to convince you of the mainstream "truth".

Ug... now i have written too much, and nobody will read any of it because of that.

The conspiracys are so complicated because they are in every part of our lives and we don't even know it.


I laughed so hard I peed a little.
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank333 wrote:
Ok, so maybe I took the football, ran out of bounds, then tried to call it a touchdown, but did you see the video of Rudy Giuliani taking a phone call during the speech, I think he is showing a pattern of "odd" campaign trial happens for the sake of drawing attention to himself. I am fairly certain that it is intentional.

And the foreshadowing remark made by Craze... the illuminati love to hide things in plane sight. They foreshadowed 9/11 in the $20 bill (there is a folding trick where you see the Towers in flames and the Pentagon in flames) and they love to do stuff like that. Washington DC has a pentagon and an owl(another illuminati symbol) in its street design. That glass pyramid in Paris that was 666 glass sheets. That pope in the 70's that got assassinated on his 33rd day as the pope (for the 33 levels of Free Masons) There are tons for Foreshadowing and hidden in plane sight signs that there is a group of Elitist in control of all governments and most major corporations.
I am not going to change your mind by ranting fairly extreme views about our future that I don't "know" as facts.

But seriously folks, look at it yourself, research my so called "conspiracies", there is a lot of truth in them.

9/11 was not done by terrorist with box cutters.
JFK was killed at the Apex of a pyramid at a birds eye view.
The Federal Reserve is a total fraud on the American people.
The American Political System is rigged.
The powers that be have Alien Technology that they are not sharing with the rest of humanity.
The Illuminati are real, even if they go by some other name, they control almost everything that is controllable, they don't mind whacko(like me) so much because the truth is so much harder to believe then lies they tell with the "facts" they use to convince you of the mainstream "truth".

Ug... now i have written too much, and nobody will read any of it because of that.

The conspiracys are so complicated because they are in every part of our lives and we don't even know it.



ummm... someone has read too many Dan Brown books.
The Illuminati were once real like in the 1700s, the concept of them being still here pulling the strings of the government is soo highly unlikely.
Look I am a conspiracy nut too. A while ago I even took loose change far too seriously (before reading http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons

Anyway, too put it simply: There is no conspiracy, just a horrible government. I think that sums it up nicely.
Back to top
Avata



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 407

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaterasu wrote:


heh...something wrong?
If that's your view on life...please keep it to yourself. Even if what you say is true (as far as I'm concerned, it's not.)...pointing out the problem isn't going to do anything for anybody except make them more depressed than they already are.

You don't seriously believe your life (or anyone else's life, for that matter!) is insignificant!?



Billions of people have lived and died without making any notable contribution to the world around them. Try this test:

Name people from the year 800 A.D. to 1000 A.D. Hell, name people from the year 1000 A.D. to 1800 A.D. If you're smart, you can probably name a handful.

It's not a pessimistic view, it's just simple reality that the vast majority of people are born, live their lives, and die, without making an significant impact on their culture at large. It's true that societies need bread makers as well as kings, but the "average joe" is far from irreplaceable to society as a whole.
Back to top
HUNGTACTICS



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there probably is an illuminati, but there are a couple things i doubt.
1. no alien technology plz
2. why would let jews run the fed
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avata wrote:
Amaterasu wrote:


heh...something wrong?
If that's your view on life...please keep it to yourself. Even if what you say is true (as far as I'm concerned, it's not.)...pointing out the problem isn't going to do anything for anybody except make them more depressed than they already are.

You don't seriously believe your life (or anyone else's life, for that matter!) is insignificant!?



Billions of people have lived and died without making any notable contribution to the world around them. Try this test:

Name people from the year 800 A.D. to 1000 A.D. Hell, name people from the year 1000 A.D. to 1800 A.D. If you're smart, you can probably name a handful.

It's not a pessimistic view, it's just simple reality that the vast majority of people are born, live their lives, and die, without making an significant impact on their culture at large. It's true that societies need bread makers as well as kings, but the "average joe" is far from irreplaceable to society as a whole.


Actually this is debatable. I believe in the theory that a person who makes no impact on society, is quite rare. Think about it, everything you do from cutting off a car on the interstate, to taking the elevator instead of the stairs effects other people. These effects can be soo suttle, yet very life altering. So I'd like to believe that while you may not directly effect society, you may effect it indirectly quite alot.
Back to top
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge


Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 277

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank333 wrote:
Ok, so maybe I took the football, ran out of bounds, then tried to call it a touchdown, but did you see the video of Rudy Giuliani taking a phone call during the speech, I think he is showing a pattern of "odd" campaign trial happens for the sake of drawing attention to himself. I am fairly certain that it is intentional.

And the foreshadowing remark made by Craze... the illuminati love to hide things in plane sight. They foreshadowed 9/11 in the $20 bill (there is a folding trick where you see the Towers in flames and the Pentagon in flames) and they love to do stuff like that. Washington DC has a pentagon and an owl(another illuminati symbol) in its street design. That glass pyramid in Paris that was 666 glass sheets. That pope in the 70's that got assassinated on his 33rd day as the pope (for the 33 levels of Free Masons) There are tons for Foreshadowing and hidden in plane sight signs that there is a group of Elitist in control of all governments and most major corporations.
I am not going to change your mind by ranting fairly extreme views about our future that I don't "know" as facts.


Notice that the Jewish numerology is actually crafted and could be made to make any number match with 'devil'. So numbers like 666, 70 and 33 all have nothing to do with anything. Every society has had their 'important numbers', and since they're different around the world, it's hardly unlikely that any of them are in any way real.

Hank333 wrote:
But seriously folks, look at it yourself, research my so called "conspiracies", there is a lot of truth in them.

9/11 was not done by terrorist with box cutters.
JFK was killed at the Apex of a pyramid at a birds eye view.
The Federal Reserve is a total fraud on the American people.
The American Political System is rigged.
The powers that be have Alien Technology that they are not sharing with the rest of humanity.
The Illuminati are real, even if they go by some other name, they control almost everything that is controllable, they don't mind whacko(like me) so much because the truth is so much harder to believe then lies they tell with the "facts" they use to convince you of the mainstream "truth".


So far I haven't seen any evidence of any of that, save the Florida election, which was indeed screwed up. And yea, of course there's more than meets the eye behind 9/11, but unless you don't know for a fact what, don't go making assumptions. Illuminati? What the hell are you talking about? The organization was hardly a power back in the day, let alone today.

Hank333 wrote:
Ug... now i have written too much, and nobody will read any of it because of that.

The conspiracys are so complicated because they are in every part of our lives and we don't even know it.


Or then this is just yet another person being bored of how simple our lives are and making up a more interesting hidden world in his search for heroic destinies. Sure, there's a lot we don't know, but that doesn't make what we know a lie or a facade.

But that's enough, if you insist on believing every tale people have come up with, go ahead. You'll be busy for quite a while searching for more and more 'truths'.
Back to top
MrBrett



Joined: 15 Jul 2006
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: well... Reply with quote

Well, let me share my two cents about politics and conspiracy.

1. Politicians lie. If you don't believe this, go play magic, now.

2. When you think they lie, try to find an easy and simple version of truth. If it doesn't work, then look further. But if it does, stick to it.

3. When you accuse someone from lying and you try to guess a really complicated truth, one that even sounds ridiculous, people may get confused and just believe the simple stuff: the lie.

So from this, my guesses are:

1. This question from the kid was probably prepared, but the important here, is the answer: We will be prepared for anything.
Dude, you can not be prepared for anything that happens. That's just a stupid lie. Plain and simple, but he is sliding it, and everyone is eating it.

2. 9/11 Was something people in power knew, and just let happen because it would benefit usa's international situation. This way of starting wars is not new.
You can try to proof that it was an inside job and all that, but it will be hard, and even if you can, most people will ignore it because people don't want to believe that.
But there's many obvious details that suggest that they, at least, didn't do all they could to avoid it, and that should be enough to make people think about how their country works.


If you make really wierd theorys about why politicians lie, you are helping those lies.

Sorry the poor english, not my language.
Back to top
Avata



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 407

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:


Actually this is debatable. I believe in the theory that a person who makes no impact on society, is quite rare. Think about it, everything you do from cutting off a car on the interstate, to taking the elevator instead of the stairs effects other people. These effects can be soo suttle, yet very life altering. So I'd like to believe that while you may not directly effect society, you may effect it indirectly quite alot.


While technically true, it doesn't necessarily make everyone important or irreplaceable. For example, it is extremely unlikely that taking the stairs instead of the elevator is going to result in the downfall of the government or some great discovery.

Perhaps Einstein was walking up some stairs when he first thought of relativity. It wasn't the decision to go up those stairs that "did it" though. It was the fact that he was a genius. Many other people probably walked up those same steps and had no impact on history whatsoever.

Just because a tiny fraction of subtle, accidental choices may affect the world as a whole, does not assign value to every subtle, accidental choice. Just because we don't know beforehand which choices will affect the world and which ones will not, does not mean that they all will. That's just faulty logic.
Back to top
Avata



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 407

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: well... Reply with quote

MrBrett wrote:


1. This question from the kid was probably prepared, but the important here, is the answer: We will be prepared for anything.
Dude, you can not be prepared for anything that happens. That's just a stupid lie. Plain and simple, but he is sliding it, and everyone is eating it.



It's not really a lie - it's a generalization. Of course, anyone with even one quarter of a brain is going to know we can't be prepared for anything. No one saw that video and thought, "Wow, if we elect this guy, we'll be safe from everything forever!"

The point he's trying to get across is that he's committed to preparing for disasters and difficult situations. That in itself may be a lie, but it seems unlikely.

Barrack Obama, for example, is promising nationalized health care every chance he gets. If he gets elected and it doesn't happen, does that make him a liar? No. It means the process of getting nationalized health care is long and difficult. Obama isn't really promising nationalized health care, he's promising to try his damnedest to get it. It just sounds better to say "I want us to have nationalized health care" than it does to say "I want to try my hardest to get it, but it might not work, okay guys?"

Yes, politicians do straight up lie sometimes. Everyone straight up lies sometimes. But if you consider every generalization to be a lie, you may want to consider going to live in a cave, because you're surrounded by a world of liars.
Back to top
Craze



Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 5676
Location: Indiana, U

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avata wrote:
Craze wrote:


Actually this is debatable. I believe in the theory that a person who makes no impact on society, is quite rare. Think about it, everything you do from cutting off a car on the interstate, to taking the elevator instead of the stairs effects other people. These effects can be soo suttle, yet very life altering. So I'd like to believe that while you may not directly effect society, you may effect it indirectly quite alot.


While technically true, it doesn't necessarily make everyone important or irreplaceable. For example, it is extremely unlikely that taking the stairs instead of the elevator is going to result in the downfall of the government or some great discovery.

Perhaps Einstein was walking up some stairs when he first thought of relativity. It wasn't the decision to go up those stairs that "did it" though. It was the fact that he was a genius. Many other people probably walked up those same steps and had no impact on history whatsoever.

Just because a tiny fraction of subtle, accidental choices may affect the world as a whole, does not assign value to every subtle, accidental choice. Just because we don't know beforehand which choices will affect the world and which ones will not, does not mean that they all will. That's just faulty logic.


I disagree. Their is no way to see exactly what you are effecting when you do even the most insignificant thing. Which flows with the butterfly theory. Which pretty much states that every little thing is connected and changing anything such as even killing a butterfly would drastically alter the future. You can't argue the meaning of a single life, because it's quite held in popular theory that every life does indeed change things even if in the most itty bitty way, such as taking the elevator instead of the stairs, causing it to fill, making the next person take the stairs, making him late to a very important meeting, which gets him fired stopping him from working on a new project a year from then with the company and inventing a cure for HIV.
Bam you changed history.
Back to top
Avata



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 407

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:

changing anything such as even killing a butterfly would drastically alter the future.


You just made a pretty huge jump from "could" to "would" there.

Craze wrote:

it's quite held in popular theory


Correction: it's held in a marginal, heavily disputed theory that has the help of being sensationalized in movies and science fiction (because it makes for a good story).

Craze wrote:

that every life does indeed change things even if in the most itty bitty way, such as taking the elevator instead of the stairs, causing it to fill, making the next person take the stairs, making him late to a very important meeting, which gets him fired stopping him from working on a new project a year from then with the company and inventing a cure for HIV.
Bam you changed history.


What's more likely - that me taking the last spot on an elevator will set into action an extremist course of events, or that the guy will simply run up the stairs and be on time, or will apologize and won't be fired, or (if he's smart enough to invent the cure for HIV) he just goes and gets another job at another company and invents it anyway, or (most likely) the schmuck I just forced to take the stairs was just a regular guy, who was going to push papers back and forth all day and not invent the cure to anything?

And here's the best part - even if I do manage to accidentally get a guy fired and keep HIV from being cured, there are millions of people who took stairs or elevators that day, and nothing significant happened as a result.

Just because there is no way to measure whether or not a particular action is significant absolutely does not mean that they all are.

That's like saying if you had cups upside down and had a ball in one of them, but you had no way to measure which one had the ball in it, it must mean there is a ball in each one.

It sounds absurd, but that's the same logic you're using.
Back to top
Delicious



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Posts: 883

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i highly believe that IF aliens did come to earth, they would want to trade and see how we developed and i really think that it could be a peaceful co-exsistence.
Back to top
Avata



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Posts: 407

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delicious wrote:
i highly believe that IF aliens did come to earth, they would want to trade and see how we developed and i really think that it could be a peaceful co-exsistence.


You're starting with the assumption that aliens (which are by definition, well, alien) would 1) have modes of communication we would recognize and 2) have the same basic desires and curiousities as humans.

With absolutely no extraterrestrial lifeforms (other than hypothetical martian bacteria) to use as an example or starting point for guesswork, it's all pure speculation.

Who's to say we wouldn't meet aliens with no verbal language skills that orgasm by hearing screams of pain, and assume others do the same? Seems like that could turn out less than desirable when our leaders sit down to negotiate with them.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy