Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono red tarmomental

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Mono red tarmomental Reply with quote

Here is a deck i thought of and has done well in testing so far

against WGR preadator it went 2-0
WGB Tarmorack 2-1
UB Faeires 2-0
Bw Merfolk 2-1
UGW Tarmoblink? 2-0
GU i dont want to know 2-0
BURW Elemental blink 2-0

Heres my build any help/ suggestions would be great thanks in advance

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [5E] Karplusan Forest
2 [UL] Treetop Village
9 [IA] Mountain (3)
1 [FUT] Keldon Megaliths
5 [IN] Forest (2)
1 [TSP] Fungal Reaches

// Creatures
4 [PLC] Sulfur Elemental
3 [LRW] Smokebraider
2 [CS] Lightning Serpent
4 [LOR] Incandescent Soulstroke
3 [LOR] Flamekin Harbinger
4 [LOR] Flamekin Bladewhirl
4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
1 [LOR] Hostility

// Spells
4 [PR] Incinerate
4 [TSP] Rift Bolt
1 [LOR] Heatshimmer
4 [LOR] Tarfire

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [LOR] Hostility
SB: 2 [LOR] Nova Hunter
SB: 2 [LOR Cloudthresher
SB: 2 [LOR] Eyes of the Wisent
SB: 2 [FUT] Ghostfire
SB: 2 [TSP] Krosan Grip
SB: 1 [LOR] Garruk Wildspeaker
SB: 2 [LOR] Wild Ricochet
SB: 1 [LRW] Chandra Nalaar
kilomitro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 greater gargodon
4 mogg fanatic
4 magus of the scroll
4 mogg warmarshal
4 adder staff goblin/emberwilde auger
4 keldon marauders
4 tarmogoyf

4 rift bolt
4 incinerate
4 thunderblade charge

20 land

just an agressive deck. hope u enjoy.
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: 08 Oct 2007 17:13 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 greater gargodon
4 mogg fanatic
4 magus of the scroll
4 mogg warmarshal
4 adder staff goblin/emberwilde auger
4 keldon marauders
4 tarmogoyf

4 rift bolt
4 incinerate
4 thunderblade charge

20 land

just an agressive deck. hope u enjoy.

???? This really has nothing to do with my deck why did you even post this?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My impression is that there are many options you don't use, and that Tarmogoyf, although a good card, is not enough for a green splash in this deck. The sideboard is full of cards that should be maindecked, for instance nova hunter, the second Hostility and maybe a Cloudtresher.

Heatshimmer, as a one-of (or any non-elemental one-of for that matter), has nothing to do in an aggro deck.

Wild Ricochet is a cool card, but what exactly do you use it for? Do you ever side in Ghostfire? The planeswalkers, as one-of win conditions you can't search for should be either tested out as a multiple copies in maindeck, or be left out.

The deck seems fast and the idea is good, but I am a fan of focusing a deck to one or a few strategies. This is especially important for aggressive decks, while control decks benefit from spreading out options. I advice you to find out what in particular wins you games, and focus the deck around that so that it does that every game.
Avata

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone else waiting for Tarmogoyf to rotate out of t2 just so every deck isn't named "Something Something Tarmosomething?"

It's not like using goyf is "tech" at this point, you don't need to call attention to it. Rolling Eyes
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that Avata sucks at life and that he can go kill himself if uselessly posting on my deck thread is how he wastes his life, but... he has a really cool name, and I love Frank Herbert, so kudos to you!
Inferno3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tird_Ape wrote:
I'd say that Avata sucks at life and that he can go kill himself if uselessly posting on my deck thread is how he wastes his life, but... he has a really cool name, and I love Frank Herbert, so kudos to you!

Avata makes a point lol. I would be surprised if anyone WASN'T sick of people adding tarmo- or -goyf to every deck they play with goyf in it.

Except the 8 goyf no-stick extended deck that was on the forums last week, thats ok to put tarmo- or -goyf in Laughing
thranarama

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us get back to the subject at hand besides this being my 100th post, WOO! Anyway, I dunno if aggro elementals is such a great way to go, just because it is pulled in so many different directions. Besides Lightning Serpent, what do you need smokebraider's mana for? He seems like he just sits there unless you have lightning serpent or even a card like ashling. You maybe should include a couple copies of him, he seems better than hostility, and mono red elementals is fine, goyf doesn't really help the deck. If confined to mono red, the deck can win blisteringly fast.

Turn 1 harbinger or bladewhirl
Turn 2 Smokebraider, swing
Turn 3 Ashling, swing, eot pump ashling
Turn 4, Lightning Serpent or Burn, swing

Your deck has a bunch of ways of curving out, and nova hunter is great as just a cheap fattie. anyway, peace!
alvelin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectral Force + Timbermare are elementals... I'd rather play them instead of goyf+village and megaliths! You can play them with Incandescent Soulstoke and of course Nova Chasers should be MB
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1