Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chain of Vapor

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Rith54154

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Chain of Vapor Reply with quote

Ok, my opponent has first turn...I have a gemstone cavern and remove a card and play it with a luck counter on it. He starts the game with a leyline of the void. Once the game actually starts can i play Chain of Vapor before he even drops his first land bounceing the leyline?
Mke410

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, because even though they dont get to draw or have anything to untap they still have a beginning step. So you can bounce it during his upkeep.
lennin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see why it matters
Orlandu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Hm Reply with quote

Hm, I guess that's because you're an idiot?
mossivo1986

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

force spike much?
twodioz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mossivo1986 wrote:
force spike much?

He isn't talking about a played Leyline, he is talking about a leyline in the opening hand that gets put into play without being played. Force Spike would not do anything in that situation.
tcook589

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction, he's asking if he can Chain of Vapor the opponent's Leyline before the opponent can lay a land and have access to mana to Force Spike his Chain of Vapor.

Yes, the game starts with both of them having two permanents in play. Then his opponent still has an upkeep, where he can Chain of Vapor his opponent's Leyline. Then his opponent skips the draw step and goes to his mainphase.
Avata

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twodioz wrote:
mossivo1986 wrote:
force spike much?

He isn't talking about a played Leyline, he is talking about a leyline in the opening hand that gets put into play without being played. Force Spike would not do anything in that situation.

What he means is, it's important to play the chain of vapor during the opening upkeep so his opponent can't drop a land and have the opportunity to force spike the chain of vapor.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1