Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

almost like a dredge control build

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
metroman722

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: almost like a dredge control build Reply with quote

this deck runs knights wiht haakon and brings them back. They aren't mostly very effective which is why it is more of a contrl build. It usually finds wrath or gets enough creatures to sneak in some damage. It needs to be more effective. while it can win it does not reach that goal effectively. It has trouble with too many counters...like most decks...except all this runs is creatures and they are tough to play into control and then loses a turn cause they don't have haste.

so any comments will be accepted

lands
1 ghost quarter
3 hallowed fountain
3 flagstones of trokair
2 swamp
2 island
1 urborg
2 terramorphic expanse
3 godless shrine
3 watery grave
1 academy ruins

creatures
4 haakon stromgauld scourge
4 stinkweed imp
4 bonded fetch
2 pentarch paladin
4 court hussar
3 benalish knight

spells
4 remand
4 terror
2 phyrexian totem
2 wrath of god
2 unsummon

s/b
2 compulsive research
3 snapback
3 tormod's crypt
4 mortify
3 extirpate

it gets the job done

its like 5-3 verse random decks ranging from mga to some epic locket control deck that must have had the perfect hand. I didn't play a single spell it was crazy
Spyx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

play compulsive research maindeck. if you don't draw bonded fetch you have no way to pitch haakon.
also repeal > unsummon imho Razz
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think that you need Bonded Fetch or Stinkweed Imp at all. I would play Four Compulsive Research and 2-3 Carefull Consideration. If you wanted to more agrro then 3 of Deepcavern Imp and the Hellbent morph guy. Drop Wrath of God for three Damnation. Get rid of almost all of the white for more blue and black. Also I am shocked to not see Stromgald Crusader in the deck. With Urborg in play and Haakon in the grave he is a house. In the mono red matchup he can kill almost all of their guys and come back every turn till you can fly over FTW. Also I think that Loxodon Warhammer or Spirit Loop would be great on the sb for the Rb and r / 'Goyf matches.

As an afterthought I would also work in 3 Smallpox. Hmm smells like Solarpox is cooking. Would need some Aeon and AoD though...
googa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha KaMagic, u suck
ANEURYSM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ googa: way to be a random a-hole who doesn't contribute to the conversation >.>

i dunno about crier but skeins is an idea you might actually want to think about.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delirium Skeins does not help you in a card advantage war. If you do the math it is -1 card disadvantage for the player of Delirium Skeins. I am not saying that it should not have a minor place in the deck. I would play it but only 2 in the main and 1 in sideboard. It sounds like it could be better then Careful Concideration. I would try it out. I would still play 4 Compulsive Research. The best thing about the list is the Court Hussar + Haarkon draw engine. Now you just need to build around that.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1